nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Live Thread - Championship Weekend
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 08:09 PM (5,186 Views)
Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
:SF: @ :ATL: - Sunday 8pm

San Francisco looked GREAT on saturday as the pummeled Green Bay while Atlanta toiled to a 30-28 win that broke their playoff duck under Mike Smith. On paper it seems one sided.

:BAL: @ :NE: - Sunday 11.30pm

These two again! The best non-divisional rivalry in football at the moment without question. These two teams know each other and hate each other. I expect a super-close game.

My full thoughts & picks vs spread - HERE

In other news, Bengals OT Andre Smith was arrested after bringing a gun to an airport. :nono:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000128115/article/nfl-looks-to-adjust-rooney-rule-to-ensure-diversity?campaign=Twitter_atl

:chair: - There are 64 HC & GM jobs in the NFL. If you're concerned about the "lack of diversity" in those 64 jobs, why aren't you also concerned that there are no white starting running backs in the NFL? Or that there are no women in NFL coaching positions? Any "positive discrimination" that pushes teams to hire minority candidates for positions is incredibly wrong and should be avoided at all costs.
Edited by Tobli93, Jan 18 2013, 09:46 PM.
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

woodster17
Member Avatar

I didn't actually see this before posting the new poll but a platform for debate is now open!! I felt aggrieved by that article too.

corporeal

Because, to put it bluntly, there's less evidence of discrimination.

The NFL has an unusually transparent talent pipelines, especially in terms of players. Almost all of them will have come through college or the draft, the lack of white running backs is identifiable at the college level hence they just aren't coming through. Is there some racial thing going on whereby coaches either push players towards different positions or select them differently based on colour. Quite possibly, but it's clearly happening well below NFL level and outside their remit. It's not a case of standout white running backs in college going undrafted.

Women, similar thing. Almost all coaches were at least college players and that tends to serve as their entry-level training and way into the system.

With black coaches, the logjam is clearly at NFL level (or there and at college level). White candidates are getting hired as junior coaches and progressing up the ladder in a way black ones aren't.

The Rooney rule is a very very low-level way of making teams at least consider an ethnic minority candidate because often there's a gap in even that.

Bottom line, concern about 'lack of diversity' is a media-friendly way of saying that racism is still a part of nfl hiring decisions, you either tackle it with things like the Rooney rule. Or you close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and say it'll sort itself out. Because that's worked so well up to now, and it's really just coincidence that Lovie Smith seems to be the odd man out in the Head Coaching carousel.
Edited by corporeal, Jan 19 2013, 11:47 PM.
San Diego Chargers: Official OOH bandwagon Team
Kiwi is such an Eagles fan. (He believes in the Browns more than the Eagles)
Two-sport OOH fantasy champion Winner of a statistically significant number of OOH Fantasy Cups. OOH NBA fantasy champion

If P-Mac had predicted this Chargers draft I'd have thought he was trolling me

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
If there is still racism behind boardroom level decisions then these things should be taken alot further than a using a simple thing like the rooney rule. The people responsible for not hiring a person becuase of their colour shouldnt be in the position to make these decisions

The rooney just seems like the wrong way to tackle the problem. Anyone found guilty of making a hire/fire decision based on race in any other walk of life would be out on their ass. The same should apply here
Posted Image

corporeal

glynners_7
Jan 20 2013, 09:38 AM
If there is still racism behind boardroom level decisions then these things should be taken alot further than a using a simple thing like the rooney rule. The people responsible for not hiring a person becuase of their colour shouldnt be in the position to make these decisions

The rooney just seems like the wrong way to tackle the problem. Anyone found guilty of making a hire/fire decision based on race in any other walk of life would be out on their ass. The same should apply here
And how do you show that? How do you even begin to prove it?

It's not even a conscious "black people are stupid" thing or anything like that. It's a subtle thing where we can't really point to any team and say "they should have hired a black guy", but you can notice that somehow the black guys don't seem to get hired. Oh and Lovie Smith just happens not to get a new job.

The Rooney rule is a way of trying to at least help black coaches get a foot in the door.
Two-sport OOH fantasy champion Winner of a statistically significant number of OOH Fantasy Cups. OOH NBA fantasy champion

Tobli93
Member Avatar
The point about Lovie Smith not getting a new gig (while Reid did) is an interesting one but there are plenty of reasons why. Firstly he didnt want a DC job so that was out. Secondly any money he makes as an NFL coach this year is taken of off the amount owed to him by Chicago so he would be working for free. And finally he's a defensive guy in an offensive league. Reid, Kelly, Chud, Arians, Trestman were all bought in to work some magic on O.

There are plenty of reasons beyond "he's black" why lovie isnt coaching in 2013.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
These guys spend too much money to let race come into things.
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

corporeal

Tobli93
Jan 20 2013, 01:04 PM
The point about Lovie Smith not getting a new gig (while Reid did) is an interesting one but there are plenty of reasons why. Firstly he didnt want a DC job so that was out. Secondly any money he makes as an NFL coach this year is taken of off the amount owed to him by Chicago so he would be working for free. And finally he's a defensive guy in an offensive league. Reid, Kelly, Chud, Arians, Trestman were all bought in to work some magic on O.

There are plenty of reasons beyond "he's black" why lovie isnt coaching in 2013.
Why would him working for free stop someone offering him a job?

As I said, it's not clearcut cases of "there's no other reason than racism", more black coaches being held to a higher standard. That you could point out knocks against other guys (College, CFL, etc) that get overlooked more often for white coaches.
SuperLego5
Jan 20 2013, 01:18 PM
These guys spend too much money to let race come into things.
Sport's been big business since before they let black players play.
Edited by corporeal, Jan 20 2013, 01:25 PM.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 01:24 PM
Because he might not have wanted to work for free, and thus said he wanted to be paid far more than teams were willing to.

Personally I think that while I don't doubt old, white men (the majority of the owners) lean towards hiring other white people, even if it's subconscious, they are almost all incredibly successful business men and you don't get there by ignoring talent when you see it just because of it's skin colour (or gender etc).

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

corporeal

Tobli93
Jan 20 2013, 01:30 PM
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 01:24 PM
Because he might not have wanted to work for free, and thus said he wanted to be paid far more than teams were willing to.

Personally I think that while I don't doubt old, white men (the majority of the owners) lean towards hiring other white people, even if it's subconscious, they are almost all incredibly successful business men and you don't get there by ignoring talent when you see it just because of it's skin colour (or gender etc).
I think the pay thing is stretching it tbh.

How many of them are and how many are the second and third generations?

And I think there are plenty of successful businessmen who aren't exactly paragons of equality.

I struggle to see how people look at the NFL (or college coaching for that matter) and not think there's some racism going on.

SuperLego5
If there is discrimination it's at the bottom of the food chain when coaches are starting out.

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

glynners_7
Member Avatar
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 12:43 PM
No idea but how do people in the real world who get turned down for jobs because of race or sexuality etc prove it in court?

Im not an expert in these matters but pretty sure people have been sued for such things in the past.

Posted Image

corporeal

glynners_7
Jan 20 2013, 02:11 PM
corporeal
No idea but how do people in the real world who get turned down for jobs because of race or sexuality etc prove it in court?

Im not an expert in these matters but pretty sure people have been sued for such things in the past.

Short answer is they don't.

Long answer is with very great difficulty and very rarely in terms of "I didn't get hired because of race". Racial discrimination suits are normally cases of people being within an organisation (or fired from) and suing for unfair treatment. The required evidence level in a hiring decision is near impossible to prove. When it does happen tends to be where there's something systematic of different races being put through difference procedures. You need a smoking gun and that's rare.

Not to mention the employment death sentence it'd put on any coach's head who tried it.

Do you think there's no racial element going on?

SuperLego5
Jan 20 2013, 02:00 PM
If there is discrimination it's at the bottom of the food chain when coaches are starting out.
What's your alternative explanation?
Edited by corporeal, Jan 20 2013, 04:18 PM.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 04:16 PM
I do to a point, but i dont know if its the nfl owners that are rhe problem or the issue is lower down the ladder meaning they dont get the chance to progress. and also think its very sad that something like the rooney rule has to be in place to combat it

Posted Image

SuperLego5
corporeal
glynners_7
corporeal

Long answer is with very great difficulty and very rarely in terms of "I didn't get hired because of race". Racial discrimination suits are normally cases of people being within an organisation (or fired from) and suing for unfair treatment. The required evidence level in a hiring decision is near impossible to prove. When it does happen tends to be where there's something systematic of different races being put through difference procedures. You need a smoking gun and that's rare.

Not to mention the employment death sentence it'd put on any coach's head who tried it.

SuperLego5
I can't see billionaires allowing race to make up their mind as to whether to employ an HC that would have the potential to make them many more millions. The problem is the lack of genuine African American candidates. The most likely reasons being either African American players have no interest in coaching or there is discrimination when applying for low end coaching roles like quality control coaches.

The Rooney Rule does nothing to fix either of these issues.

corporeal

SuperLego5
Jan 20 2013, 05:05 PM
corporeal
glynners_7
corporeal

SuperLego5
I can't see billionaires allowing race to make up their mind as to whether to employ an HC that would have the potential to make them many more millions. The problem is the lack of genuine African American candidates. The most likely reasons being either African American players have no interest in coaching or there is discrimination when applying for low end coaching roles like quality control coaches.

The Rooney Rule does nothing to fix either of these issues.
Why not? You've had massively rich owners in sports for donkeys years. You don't think there's been any racism going on?

Almost all coaches are former players at at least college level (and college level head coaching is even whiter than the NFL). Majority of players (ish) are African-American but the vast majority of coaches are white, so along the line there's a lot of filtering going on. Colour me skeptical that the most likely explanation is that white players want to be coaches and black players don't.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
The Pats-Ravens line has moved a full 2.5 points to NE -7.5 and I still like Baltimore there. SO NERVOUS

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
I put 25 on the falcons at 12/1 around week 13 ish... got to the point now that I want them in the superbowl

Both teams will start around evens (whoever it is) meaning I can bung a decent size bet on the other team & still come out up...

I cant bring myself to support the Falcons in an actual game though.... so heres hoping the 49ers lose
Posted Image

SuperLego5
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 05:31 PM
Why not? You've had massively rich owners in sports for donkeys years. You don't think there's been any racism going on?

Almost all coaches are former players at at least college level (and college level head coaching is even whiter than the NFL). Majority of players (ish) are African-American but the vast majority of coaches are white, so along the line there's a lot of filtering going on. Colour me skeptical that the most likely explanation is that white players want to be coaches and black players don't.
True, it's unlikely its through personal choice. I just think the Rooney Rule isn't particularly effective. Something has to be done but at the lowest level, not at the top. As I said earlier, who realistically, that was a minority candidate, could have been hired as an HC? This year there weren't many, if any.

It like black QB's. The NFL isn't racist against black QB's, its college coaches that see an athletic African American guy then make him a WR or RB. GM's/owners are seeing black candidates for role's like quality control coach (basically novel titles that allow ex-players to gain experience) and for whatever reason (maybe racism) not hiring them.

I don't really know what to do to fix this though. You can't Rooney rule every coaching position because most lower level coaching positions are given to ex-players of the team.

I do agree there is an issue, I just don't think the Rooney rule does anything to solve the problem.

Hopefully time will solve this, with the new generation of owners and GM's being exposed to more open-minded thinking we might see more black OC's and DC's, leading to more black HC's. This applies to any minority.

corporeal

SuperLego5
Jan 20 2013, 06:33 PM
corporeal
Jan 20 2013, 05:31 PM

True, it's unlikely its through personal choice. I just think the Rooney Rule isn't particularly effective. Something has to be done but at the lowest level, not at the top. As I said earlier, who realistically, that was a minority candidate, could have been hired as an HC? This year there weren't many, if any.

It like black QB's. The NFL isn't racist against black QB's, its college coaches that see an athletic African American guy then make him a WR or RB. GM's/owners are seeing black candidates for role's like quality control coach (basically novel titles that allow ex-players to gain experience) and for whatever reason (maybe racism) not hiring them.

I don't really know what to do to fix this though. You can't Rooney rule every coaching position because most lower level coaching positions are given to ex-players of the team.

I do agree there is an issue, I just don't think the Rooney rule does anything to solve the problem.

Hopefully time will solve this, with the new generation of owners and GM's being exposed to more open-minded thinking we might see more black OC's and DC's, leading to more black HC's. This applies to any minority.
I think the rule helps, I think extending it to co-ordinators helps. It's not a total solution but a positive.

I think there is a level of racial characterising in the NFL and the surrounding media. Take Andrew Luck as an example. He runs a 4.6 40 yard time which for QBs not named RG3 or Michael Vick is really shifting. In his combine results he's pretty close to Cam Newton (and does run although not as much as Cam). Yet very little gets made of his athleticism, on some level I think there's a categorising of black QBs as athletes and white QBs as cerebral.

I think the Rooney rule helps a bit and would help more if applied to OCs and DCs just in getting minority candidates on the radar. It doesn't solve everything, but I'm short on ideas of how to do more.

But I think it's definitely a problem, and I find few things more depressing than reading the comments in an ESPN article about it, and seeing lines of people saying it's anti-white racism to even talk about the lack of black coaches, and suggesting the author was only hired because they were black.

SuperLego5
Your first mistake was to read the ESPN comments. Nothing good comes from the ESPN comments.

woodster17
Member Avatar

On a related note, I do think there's a problem particularly in the ESPN programme of employing inflammatory analysts like Rob Parker who are very vocal in support of black players needing to conform to the stereotype of the black player and black person in general. It borders on dangerous to talk about how a player is supposed to live their lives with regard to how people believe they should as opposed to leaving them alone and judging them by what goes on in between the lines. I guess it's the culture in the US to have these debates but IMO it's completely unnecessary to discuss for example the race of someone's girlfriend and their political views if they haven't flouted either of those things in front of the public. It does kind of relate to what corp says about racial characterising; if Andrew Luck was dating a black girl nobody would even care in the slightest or even consider it, much less if it turns out he's Republican. The scrutiny on a black players it absolutely insane, particularly at the QB position in every facet of his life. It's not like we can pretend Rob Parker's opinions are in isolation either.

SuperLego5
I agree Woodster, it's pretty dangerous for ESPN to allow idiots like Parker and Bayless to voice their opinions on air. If you're just saying things to get a reaction you might not like the reaction you get.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Well that was easy (through the air anyway).

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
gotta feel for a guy getting taken out from behind like that - small mercy that he got hit in the back of the knee, if that'd been side/head on it'd been proper sore. A year or two before I started playing in the UK a cheerie had to have part of her leg amputated because she'd been taken out on the sidelines, they soon upped the insurance etc rules n regs for being on the sidelines during a game!!
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Tobli93
Member Avatar
That Julio Jones guy is pretty good.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

_M@_
Member Avatar
Tell that to Bradlee as he's called him White twice now!

VanPelt and Reynolds...bleurgh!!! That and I flicked onto the NBA earlier and my retinas were offended by the sight of Nick Halling

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Corp is speaking a lot of sense here, and on the Rooney Rule thread.

Anyway, are there any games on tonight? I forget.
Oh, that would be NFL gold!

We all know my Browns prediction didn't come true. So here's another one. Peyton Manning will be a Buffalo Bill. 20 Jan 2015

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

If I was to compare my relationship with my brother to anybody it would have to be the Mario Bros. He's the shorter more round one and also the leader of the two, I'm the taller one that likes to wear green a lot plus I'm the sidekick.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
_M@_
Jan 20 2013, 09:33 PM
Tell that to Bradlee as he's called him White twice now!

VanPelt and Reynolds...bleurgh!!! That and I flicked onto the NBA earlier and my retinas were offended by the sight of Nick Halling
Just another reason why small rivers are so awesome.

San Fran need at least a few 1st downs from this drive.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

woodster17
Member Avatar

Pete Prisco is the worst analyst/'expert' in any sport I have ever seen. Utter utter moron.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Atlanta are just dominating up front in a way that I've not seen all year. And on both sides of the ball. Fantastic play.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

corporeal

On a side note, Kaepernick has played what, half a dozen games. People have been anointing him very quickly.

It's everyone's favourite phrase, small sample size.

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Based on the last 2 weeks (5 quarters worth) of football I think the Falcons are better than a lot of us gave them credit for. Moving the ball with ease against this stout defence, and did so v us last week too
Edited by bhoy-wonder, Jan 20 2013, 09:47 PM.
Posted Image

_M@_
Member Avatar
Saints fans often ask 'who dat', Julio dat - dayum

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Julio showing why Atlanta moved up to get him....superstar in the making
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Matt Ryan has been untouched yet again, and they're torching them. Everyone knew SF were vulnerable through the air, it was just if they could protect Ryan for long enough. Well they are.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

PFGers73
Member Avatar

Still don't think this is anywhere near over. Seattle came from 20 down last week, San Fran can do likewise.
Rangers - Chelsea - Chicago Bears - NY Rangers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Inaugural OOH NHL 2011-12 Fantasy League Champion
OOH Originals Fantasy League Runner-up - 2011, 2012
OOH Fantasy Cup Winner - 2011

OOH Xbox Madden 10 Franchise Champion - Seasons 1 and 2
OOH Xbox Madden 12 Franchise Champion - Season 4

AOPL League Champion - 2012
NFL Prediction League Champion - 2014

"And its come down to Drogba, who this time is the 5th penalty taker for Chelsea in the final shootout. HE'S DONE IT!!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They've beaten Bayern in their own backyard, they've found the holy grail! After an adventure fraught with danger! And Drogba! - May never play for Chelsea again...he will never be forgotten!"

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

PFGers73
Jan 20 2013, 09:50 PM
Still don't think this is anywhere near over. Seattle came from 20 down last week, San Fran can do likewise.
Agree....and Atlanta have been notorious for playing 1 half of football this season.
Posted Image

_M@_
Member Avatar
West Coast jet lag n all that too

Tobli93
Member Avatar
_M@_
Jan 20 2013, 09:54 PM
West Coast jet lag n all that too
Game starting at 3 ET rather than 1, not quite as big a factor.

It's just the protection Ryan is getting, allows White & Jones to do their thing. Atl's D have had a lot of problems with running QB's, SF just need to stay patient on O.
Speed kills!! LMJ doing some nice things today.
Edited by Tobli93, Jan 20 2013, 10:03 PM.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

where is Rotheringham?

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
VD is itching to have a big day today. Sorry...

We all know my Browns prediction didn't come true. So here's another one. Peyton Manning will be a Buffalo Bill. 20 Jan 2015

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

If I was to compare my relationship with my brother to anybody it would have to be the Mario Bros. He's the shorter more round one and also the leader of the two, I'm the taller one that likes to wear green a lot plus I'm the sidekick.

woodster17
Member Avatar

Worrying thing for Atlanta is that it's not like they're forcing Kaepernick to even make tough throws. His receivers are all wide open. Seahawks Zach Miller posted 140 yards and a TD last week, hardly surprising Davis is having his way.

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

The worrying thing for the niners is that, that applies to White, Jones and Gonzo.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Has Glyn exploded in a ball of white hot hate after that 1st half from Matt Ryan?

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

corporeal

Tobli93
Jan 20 2013, 10:35 PM
Has Glyn exploded in a ball of white hot hate after that 1st half from Matt Ryan?
I think he's decided that the season was cancelled due to the ref lockout and this season's been a bad dream.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
this season doesnt count...
Posted Image

PFGers73
Member Avatar

This 2nd half is when we'll really find out what Matt Ryan's got.

"And its come down to Drogba, who this time is the 5th penalty taker for Chelsea in the final shootout. HE'S DONE IT!!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They've beaten Bayern in their own backyard, they've found the holy grail! After an adventure fraught with danger! And Drogba! - May never play for Chelsea again...he will never be forgotten!"

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Game on again!!! My bank balance would like San Fran to play their normal level of defense from now on.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
I will admit I was very wrong re the Julio Jones trade / pick. The guy is scary
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

glynners_7
Jan 20 2013, 10:57 PM
I will admit I was very wrong re the Julio Jones trade / pick. The guy is scary
He does look a bit odd.

PFGers73
Member Avatar

Pressure is getting to Ryan...

I was going to ask if anyone gets away with OPI more than Julio Jones but then I remembered someone does...his teammate Roddy White.

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
PFGers73
Jan 20 2013, 11:17 PM
Pressure is getting to Ryan...

I was going to ask if anyone gets away with OPI more than Julio Jones but then I remembered someone does...his teammate Roddy White.
I just tweeted that exact same thing about Jones. Gets away with so much ish.
What I'm seeing here is the Falcons looking to the potential of Kaepernick in the run game - partly based on last week - but the Niners response is to very, very rarely have Kaepernick run a keeper. Good piece of coaching, and really unsettling the Falcons D here.
Edited by kiwinavega, Jan 20 2013, 11:40 PM.

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

Tobli93
Member Avatar
CK7's been very disciplined with the zone read, handing it off over and over & they're doing well with it.

Now's the time I really lament accidentally putting the under 48.5 in with the SF win rather than the over that I wanted to choose. :crying:

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
pffffffffffffff....
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Never a catch in s million years...

PFGers73
Member Avatar

YES!!!

SuperLego5
Matt Ryan is a lot better than I give him credit for but he definately isn't in the Brady class.

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

SuperLego5
Jan 20 2013, 11:55 PM
Matt Ryan is a lot better than I give him credit for but he definately isn't in the Brady class.
He is obviously more clutch than Eli.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Falcons have been outscored 42-10 after halftime in the playoffs this season.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
snap the fucking ball!!!!
Matt Ryan fails in redzone when needing a TD... well I never
Edited by glynners_7, Jan 21 2013, 12:02 AM.
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Thank God for that,I now have someone to cheer for in the super bowl.

I was fearing a falcons / pats super bowl to sap all my enjoyment out of it.

PFGers73
Member Avatar

Why would you throw 20 yards down field on the last play? Either heave it to the End Zone or try a quick pass then laterals.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Tobli93
Jan 20 2013, 11:57 PM
Falcons have been outscored 42-10 after halftime in the playoffs this season.
bahaha... Matty Ice
Posted Image

PFGers73
Member Avatar

Such a relief. Now I can watch the Superbowl knowing that the winner will be a team I either like or don't mind.

SuperLego5
Ryan can't throw the ball 50 yards when he's not injured so why do it when injured.

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
What do I give the score for this game.
Posted Image

You know what Matty Ice was broke.
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
So fired up. Bring it on!!

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

woodster17
Member Avatar

Congrats KTS. Well deserved.

Jonny83
Member Avatar

If the Ravens can win tonight I would fancy them over the 49ers. Though the pre-game buildup to a Harbowl would be intolerable.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Digitalis
Jan 21 2013, 12:24 AM
If the Ravens can win tonight I would fancy them over the 49ers. Though the pre-game buildup to a Harbowl would be enthralling
Fixed your post matey :)

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

Tobli93
Member Avatar
If your team is in it or not, SB build up is intolerable.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
Come on Ravens
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, its 'Hes great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Just seen on Twitter:

"Bill Belichick looking like a homeless pedophile once again.

:rofl:

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Belichicks fake-punt unit was awesome.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate