nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Live Thread - Week 16
Topic Started: Dec 23 2012, 01:54 AM (4,452 Views)
Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
Calvin Johnson's magic number: 182

Adrian Peterson's magic number: 294
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Hawks will play the NFC winner if we remain 5th seed so either Wash or dallas away for us

Alternativley if niners lose, packers lose and we win, then we are number 2 seed and get a bye....crazyiness indeed
Posted Image

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
Niners won't be losing. Not to Brian Hoyer.
:ARI: - LSU Tigers - Chicago Bulls - Staffordshire Surge :ARI:

2012 OOH Prediction League Champion - 2012
2 x OOH 'Others' League Runner-Up (2011 - 2012)
OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion - 2013, 2014

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 3
OOH Madden 15 Champion (XB 1 League) - Season 1

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

I agree, but any given sunday and all that jazz
Aww god bless my wife. She knows I love the seahawks, so decided to get me a jersey for xmas. Only issue is as she knows heehaw, she has bought me last seasons Justin Forsett one :rofl: I dont have the heart to tell her ehh its old, and he was a reserve at best. Still ill sport it through the playoffs hopefulyl bring me and the hawks good luck

Merry xmas all
Edited by bhoy-wonder, Dec 25 2012, 11:51 AM.
Posted Image

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
bhoy-wonder
Dec 24 2012, 06:59 PM
Aww god bless my wife. She knows I love the seahawks, so decided to get me a jersey for xmas. Only issue is as she knows heehaw, she has bought me last seasons Justin Forsett one :rofl: I dont have the heart to tell her ehh its old, and he was a reserve at best. Still ill sport it through the playoffs hopefulyl bring me and the hawks good luck

Merry xmas all
No joke, my Seahawks supporting friend got last year's T-Jack's jersey from his girlfriend this year!!!

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
The 49ers won't lose. To the Cardinals.
Posted Image

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Tobli93
Dec 26 2012, 07:05 PM
bhoy-wonder
Dec 24 2012, 06:59 PM

Merry xmas all
No joke, my Seahawks supporting friend got last year's T-Jack's jersey from his girlfriend this year!!!
Thing is she got my little bro to help her...he knows nothing either but I would have thought enjoying sports in general he would have looked into it a bit, or even 'fished' for some hints/tip.....its a large too...I look like one of thosw hip hop gangsters with it halfway down my legs :rofl:

Still as I said Ill wear it around the house on NFL nights etc and get a new one that fits soon enough

and T-jack :towel: thats just as bad really
KTS
Dec 26 2012, 07:43 PM
The 49ers won't lose. To the Cardinals.
No you wont...but that means you will be going to lambeau after playing the NYG/bears/Vikes in the wildcard, which ois a tough ask....probably the one place I wouldnt want the hawks going too (bar candelstick) at this time
Edited by bhoy-wonder, Dec 26 2012, 09:14 PM.
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Thoughts M@?

It's a bit soft & faceless IMO, but could grow on me.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
To be honest, the Miami logo did need an update...I mean, a leather helmet, that's not going to protect him from concussions :P

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

or whaling spears.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
One of the many reasons I avoid NFL.com is crap like this. But I was looking for the Pro Bowl rosters and saw it. Lego, Red... Just breath...:

1) Cam Newton

The sad thing is, before the clueless, irresponsible, and disgraceful player-kicking and ref-intimidating incidents on Sunday, Newton was playing his best ball of the season. But this is the problem with Cam Newton: He cannot get out of his own way. It's the body language. It's the zany press conferences. It's the maniacal touchdown celebrations when the Carolina Panthers are losing big during this awful season of underachievement.

For the record, I think Newton can be saved. I think Ron Rivera should be replaced; the right structure-oriented coach with the right offensive system can help Newton. But Newton has to become a better leader this offseason, handling the "fifth quarter" of being an NFL quarterback with true aplomb. Study Tony Romo's growth with the Dallas Cowboys in these areas. It's possible.

It can't get worse. His 2012 season has been a public regression and a black eye. Newton needs to understand the difference between perception and reality.

I can't begin to say the issues I have with this, let alone what our Panther fans will. Cam has been excellent for the majority of the season. If you have a problem with celebrations then you have a serious personality defect. If you think he should be depressed and lifeless cos his team are losing, then you're a moron. And as for the ref insulting, all I heard was a public apology after the game for losing his cool and the ref saying afterwards that he called it wrong, and Cam apologised to him straight after. People will have their high horses tho.
Earl Thomas is the only Seahawks defender in the Pro Bowl (not as an alternate). That is an enormous joke. As is JPP over Campbell/CAR DE's. But what ya gunna do.
Edited by Tobli93, Dec 27 2012, 01:24 AM.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Saturday getting into the Pro Bowl is a joke. Rodgers the starter and rightly so, Clay probably deserves it though I could understand if he wasn't as he was injured for a portion of the season.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Really is time to take the public vote away. Pro Bowl is meaningless enough already. Need to restore its rep, way to start that is to stop it being a popularity contest.... and also wait until the bloody season has finished before making selections
Posted Image

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
Very indifferent about the logo, some fans are up in arms about it-personally I'm not fussed if we change it or leave as is.

Chiefs have five pro bowlers?! Really?!
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
Tobli93
Dec 27 2012, 01:06 AM
One of the many reasons I avoid NFL.com is crap like this. But I was looking for the Pro Bowl rosters and saw it. Lego, Red... Just breath...:

1) Cam Newton

The sad thing is, before the clueless, irresponsible, and disgraceful player-kicking and ref-intimidating incidents on Sunday, Newton was playing his best ball of the season. But this is the problem with Cam Newton: He cannot get out of his own way. It's the body language. It's the zany press conferences. It's the maniacal touchdown celebrations when the Carolina Panthers are losing big during this awful season of underachievement.

For the record, I think Newton can be saved. I think Ron Rivera should be replaced; the right structure-oriented coach with the right offensive system can help Newton. But Newton has to become a better leader this offseason, handling the "fifth quarter" of being an NFL quarterback with true aplomb. Study Tony Romo's growth with the Dallas Cowboys in these areas. It's possible.

It can't get worse. His 2012 season has been a public regression and a black eye. Newton needs to understand the difference between perception and reality.

I can't begin to say the issues I have with this, let alone what our Panther fans will. Cam has been excellent for the majority of the season. If you have a problem with celebrations then you have a serious personality defect. If you think he should be depressed and lifeless cos his team are losing, then you're a moron. And as for the ref insulting, all I heard was a public apology after the game for losing his cool and the ref saying afterwards that he called it wrong, and Cam apologised to him straight after. People will have their high horses tho.
Earl Thomas is the only Seahawks defender in the Pro Bowl (not as an alternate). That is an enormous joke. As is JPP over Campbell/CAR DE's. But what ya gunna do.
Who wrote that? Some people just have an issue with Cam and don't want to like him. Aye he shouldn't have bumped the ref but if you listen to him miked up he apologises to the ref then spends the majority of his press conference apologising. Yes you don't want him making mistakes but if he does you want him making up for them which he more than done. The ref seems cool with him.

Meh I think everybody can see for themselves he's playing a lot better than he's getting credit for.
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
If I was to choose 1 Pro Bowler from us, it would not have been Peterson. Yes he's been excellent this year, but Daryl Washington has been superb throughout the season - easily our best player.

To see him only as an alternate is a joke. As is Fitzgerald, he's done nothing this year due to poor QB play, so why should he be anywhere near it? Would definitely pick all 4 WRs that are there already ahead of him given the season he's had.

Campbell. He's been amazing this year as well, but he's not got the reputation of Peppers/JPP/Allen despite having a much better year than all of them. It's a joke.

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
you would think the Chiefs were on their way to the playoffs after 5 having 5 players selected for the probowl and not the number 1 pick
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.

Xorbi
Member Avatar
Mr Fantasy Football
If the Chiefs had someone even halfway competent at QB they could be challenging for the playoffs. Solid D and a great combo at RB. Should have beaten us clean but the mess at QB gave us it on a plate even on an off day.

Not upset with Luck being left out, has been more consistent QBs out there. But dissapointed Pat Mcafee got overlooked, unsung hero of our team whos puntings been perfect all year
Three time OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion. 2009, 2010, 2013. The ORIGINAL Champ. 8-0 playoff record.

2013 OOH PPR Fantasy League Champion

Still living off past glories

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
Fields would have been the only other Phin who I'd have expected to get in, others playing at a high level, eg Jones, Pounce just aren't as big names/fashionable as others in their positions
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
Xorbi
Dec 27 2012, 02:57 PM
If the Chiefs had someone even halfway competent at QB they could be challenging for the playoffs. Solid D and a great combo at RB. Should have beaten us clean but the mess at QB gave us it on a plate even on an off day.

Not upset with Luck being left out, has been more consistent QBs out there. But dissapointed Pat Mcafee got overlooked, unsung hero of our team whos puntings been perfect all year
"half way competent", where have I heard that before, yeah I know for like the last 10 years in DC where we have been contantly told it was our own fault.

You are what you are in the NFL, other teams have had the bad season thrown at them as reasons for good players missing deserved pro bowl slots.

The argument would hold water if it was one or two possibly at a stretch three players making it. But if you have 5 players making it then you should not be picking first come draft night.
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
That's assuming the Pro Bowl voting system is perfect. Which it isn't. But I have no issue with Charles, Johnson & Hali getting in. Good players.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Xorbi
Member Avatar
Mr Fantasy Football
I agree that they dont deserve 5 guys going to the pro bowl, Charles should be there after another solid year, then maybe 1 from the defence max. The punter hey hes punted alot, id assume hes done a great job to get there.

But after watching last weeks game if we can make the playoffs, then that team should be challenging. Over 300 yards rushing (yes its an extreme but they have been good 90% of the time), and a defence that kept Ballard under 70 yards and Luck under 50% passing, including missing 10 straight. Only reason they lost was due to Quinns horrible play. If you had a guy like Palmer or Romo on that team then its a transformed side.
Three time OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion. 2009, 2010, 2013. The ORIGINAL Champ. 8-0 playoff record.

2013 OOH PPR Fantasy League Champion

Still living off past glories

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

shocked at some picks..JPP...really? Whats he done all year?

Biggest blow for me is that in the number 1 ranked defence in the league we have Earl Thomas as the only rep, and he is not even starting. Richard Shermans omission is a joke. Sure tillman and petersen are great corners, but sherman for me has been the top guy in the league. 2 TD's 2nd in interceptions, and 1st in passes defended in the league...to not even be a reserve or alternate is atrocious.......then eric berry gets in...seriously? He is good but hsi play this year has not bene on a par with Earl Thomas

As everyone alluded to though its the name game, Jeff Sturday starting at centre is testiment to that. The pro bowl should be left to the pros who know a thing or 2 about certian positions...maybe a panel of ex players/coaches of each posiiton i.e deoin and woodson select the DB's, warner and aikman QB'S etc. Who knows but the format needs to change. Not only are several excellent players not getting in, but the game itself has turned into a joke to be honest. All pro is the recognition these players crave now, not the pro bowl
Posted Image

riggins44

5 for the Chiefs is a little high. They are tied for worse record, which there has to be a reason. A decent QB is no guarantee for success. Poor coaching can kill the best talent available. Teams drafting 1st are doing so for a reason. Many will undergo coaching, front office, and roster changes.

Last year was arguably the best QB draft class ever. It is rare the first two picks have the success we've seen. The thing is Luck and Griffin are just not gifted QB's, but both are excellent leaders.
NO PRESSURE, NO DIAMONDS

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Sherman wins his appeal and is free to play :towel: :towel:
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

[countdown=12/25/0:0]