nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Week 15 Live Thread
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 12:08 PM (6,948 Views)
Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
With only 3 weeks of the regular season left the play-off picture gets clearer every week. Here are your TV games:

Thursday 13th December - Sky Sports - 1am
:CIN: @ :PHI:
The Bengals slipped up at home to the Cowboys in week 14 but thanks to Baltimore and Pittsburgh losses it didn't hurt them too much. They have the opportunity to put pressure on the Steelers and Ravens with a Thursday night win versus the Eagles. Philadelphia led by rookie QB Nick Foles showed they still have some fight left in them with a last gasp win at Tampa; a strong finish to the season will save some people's jobs but probably not Andy Reid's.

Sunday 16th Decemeber - Sky Sports - 6pm
:GB: @ :CHI:
The Bears and Packers, this is what end of season games should feel like in the NFL. Green Bay have moved to the top of the NFC North thanks to back to back wins versus their divisional opponents and will clinch the division with a win. Chicago are on a 2 game losing streak and key injuries on both sides of the ball are racking up. They need a win to hold off the Skins, Vikes and Cowboys for a wild card spot.

Sky Sports - 9pm
:PIT: @ :DAL:
Sky have picked some beauties this week. An inter-conferance match up that sees both teams desperate for the win to keep their wild card and outside division winners hopes alive. Dallas won an emotional game in week 14 as highlighted earlier and are needing other games to go their way in order to make the post-season; can Romo keep his game together in December?
The Steelers were shocked by the talented under-performers from San Diego; is their defense too old to keep going for a whole season and no doubt it will be down to Big Ben to win the game. With the Bengals coming up next this is a must win game to get some momentum for the final push.

Channel 4 - 1am
:SF: @ :NE:
The Patriots have already won the AFC East but are now hoping for a bye week and home field advantage through-out the play-offs. Tom Brady is in fine form and will be tested again this week against another elite defense. Do the 49ers have the personnel to cover all the Pats receivers?
The 49ers have Seattle breathing down their necks for the NFC West title but can clinch a play-off spot with a win. This team isn't without controversy as Jim Harbaugh continues to stick with dual threat QB Colin Kapernick. Winning close games with help from the defense is one thing but keeping up with Brady might prove a stretch too far for the 49ers.

Monday 17th December - BBC Red Button/ Iplayer -12:20am
:NYJ: @ :TEN:
This weeks Monday Night Prime-time game is the Je (hold on a minute).. yes it is the Jets versus (WTF this can't be right).... holy sh!t! In week 15 with play-off implications all over the place; the NFL and ESPN bring you the New York Jets versus the Tennesse Titans on MNF :nono: :rofl:
Ok so the Jets can still make the play-offs but they won't so who cares; yeah Sanchez sucks, Tebow is back-up, McIllroy wins games but is inactive blah, blah. The Titans are the same old Titans and its another December of "maybe next year we will be good".
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Oli2702
Member Avatar

Least we don't have to put up with Mark Chapman on Monday night, the man knows nothing!! almost makes Joe Buck look good

Agree that the game choices are cracking this weekend, should just get an hours power nap in before the Pats game is on.

Bengals, Packers, Cowboys and Pats for me this weekend
OOH Others Winner 2015
OOH Others Runner-Up 2013 & 2014
OOH AAH Cantona winner 2013 & 2014 & 2015

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Ouch!

But, true write up.

On behalf of every NFL fan in the UK, I apologise for ruining an excellent slate of games Thursday through SNF,

:chair:
Next year is our year, I can feel it...

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
Sorry Oli, I was just giving the game my honest assessment.
You would think with the NFL's ability to move games at the end of the year you would have thought this was an ideal game to move. Maybe the issue is they can't swap MNF games; which then begs the question with Denver @ Baltimore, Steelers @ Cowboys, Giants @ Falcons, Packers @ Bears, 49ers @ Patriots.... why the hell did someone think the Jets and Titans would be a critical match-up.
Edited by Ravens_Defense_DOW, Dec 13 2012, 12:44 PM.

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

woodster17
Member Avatar

At least Mark Chapman isn't offensive to look at like Darren Fletcher. It's like I'm looking at a concave TV screen. Lay off the pies man.
And no Ravens, MNF can't be flexed. Annoyingly.
Edited by woodster17, Dec 13 2012, 02:30 PM.

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
woodster17
Dec 13 2012, 02:28 PM
And no Ravens, MNF can't be flexed. Annoyingly.
That makes sense so my frustration is someone in the NFL and ESPN actually thought these 2 would actually have something worth playing for at this point.

I understand its not always easy to predict who is going to be good but surely MNF towards the end of the year would want solid play-off contenders - Packers versus Bears sticks out a mile from this list!

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
Atleast the :SF: won't give up the game plus. Offensively they can keep the ball away from the Patriots.
Posted Image

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
Not sure this week at all

Under normal circumstances I would sit RGIII and tell him to take a rest.

But we lose I fear we are out of the running so I am more than happy not have to make the choice.

This is your typical game the Redskins lose, in that it is one we should win after playing hard and winning 4 on the trot. But history tells me to be very wary.
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
2 billion dollars and you get stuck with Jets@Titans.... Personally I see it as the NFL punishing them for Gruden.
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
Fellas, they're obviously just being kind to our resident tits fan in that the game will be on for him to watch over his breakfast instead of at silly o' clock
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I know "It's a passing league" and all that, but this is still quite an impressive stat (Tho I'm sure Luck, Griffin and Russell Wilson will do it too):

Andy Dalton is the 3rd player in NFL history to have 20+ TD passes in his first 2 seasons (Marino, Peyton Manning).

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

redordead0
Member Avatar
Covert Kitchen salesman
Tobli93
Dec 13 2012, 09:22 PM
Tho I'm sure Luck, Griffin and Russell Wilson will do it too

Ahem!

2012 Prediction League Regular Season Champ.

2013 Prediction League College Bowl Champ.

2014 OOH Originals Champ 2014 OOH Fantasy Cup Champ

#foxout

Tobli93
Member Avatar
redordead0
Dec 13 2012, 09:30 PM
Tobli93
Dec 13 2012, 09:22 PM
Tho I'm sure Luck, Griffin and Russell Wilson will do it too

Ahem!

You're right, the only certainty there is QB Jesus aka My Boyfriend Russell Wilson.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
_M@_
Dec 13 2012, 04:33 PM
Fellas, they're obviously just being kind to our resident tits fan in that the game will be on for him to watch over his breakfast instead of at silly o' clock
Sadly, not.

The game will be on when I'm in middle of teaching maths in English :unsure: Or some sorta Santa/Xmas craft.

Feel like, we've got a projector, should teach Korean kids the wonder of NFL! Lol. Sadly, Tits-Jest isn't a Great advert for such wonder.
Next year is our year, I can feel it...

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
Posted Image

Soccer? :tumbleweed:
Posted Image

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
I assume Kiwi didn't stay up to watch last nights "game"! Pressure firmly on the Ravens and Steelers this weekend.

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Correct assumption. Busy day today, may watch it tonight. Six turnovers, but only one was an INT...

Pleased for the Bengals really. I like Dalton and Green a lot and hope they make the playoffs.

As for the Eagles, at this point it's really all about the learning curve for the youngsters. Stat: every Eagles startrr has been injured this year. Only Maclin from our offensive starters played the whole game (Mathis got injured). Horror show!
Oh, that would be NFL gold!

We all know my Browns prediction didn't come true. So here's another one. Peyton Manning will be a Buffalo Bill. 20 Jan 2015

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

If I was to compare my relationship with my brother to anybody it would have to be the Mario Bros. He's the shorter more round one and also the leader of the two, I'm the taller one that likes to wear green a lot plus I'm the sidekick.

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
I didn't see the game but when I saw 6 turnovers I assumed Foles had a mare but it doesn't look that bad and was more of a team collapse.

Tough year for the Eagles. I have just seen Todd McShay's top 5 and no Geno Smith or Barkley in the top 5; which nicely links to my next question. Would you want to go with Foles next year or draft Smith or Barkley (if avaliable)? Mcshay had the Eagles drafting Luke Joeckel (LT).

powderfinger
Member Avatar

Poor game but a win on the road and of a short week is a plus.

O-line struggled badly in pass protection and someone needs to step up to help Green.

Sets it up nicely for the Pitt game, but a big improvement will be needed
Posted Image Posted Image

Real men follow Mike Brownís Cincinnati Bengals. Anyone can root for the Boston Red Sox or the Dallas Cowboys or Microsoft. Hanging with Brownís Bengals takes true grit. Youíre a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers? Get outta my tragedy, man. Compared to me, youíre the Prince of Wales" - Paul Daugherty

corporeal

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Dec 14 2012, 11:16 AM
I didn't see the game but when I saw 6 turnovers I assumed Foles had a mare but it doesn't look that bad and was more of a team collapse.

Tough year for the Eagles. I have just seen Todd McShay's top 5 and no Geno Smith or Barkley in the top 5; which nicely links to my next question. Would you want to go with Foles next year or draft Smith or Barkley (if avaliable)? Mcshay had the Eagles drafting Luke Joeckel (LT).
Isn't Jason Peters coming back next season? Wouldn't have thought left tackle'd be a position they'd be aiming for (and all left tackles belong to the Chargers, so hands off y'hear)
San Diego Chargers: Official OOH bandwagon Team
Kiwi is such an Eagles fan. (He believes in the Browns more than the Eagles)
Two-sport OOH fantasy champion Winner of a statistically significant number of OOH Fantasy Cups. OOH NBA fantasy champion

If P-Mac had predicted this Chargers draft I'd have thought he was trolling me

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
Unless they don't think Peters is coming back, why would they go for Joeckel? Unless they put him on the right side until Peters retires?

Would love for us to get Joeckel - him or Warmack would be perfect. Either of those two or Geno Smith, I'd have no complaints whatsoever.

Biggest question though is whether or not Luke Joeckel will even be in the Draft - still got another year of eligibility at Texas A&M, as does Jake Matthews, and looking at the talent they've got as well as Johnny Manziel, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to stay for their senior years to have a shot at the BCS Title.
Edited by Cardinal Tom, Dec 14 2012, 02:50 PM.
:ARI: - LSU Tigers - Chicago Bulls - Staffordshire Surge :ARI:

2012 OOH Prediction League Champion - 2012
2 x OOH 'Others' League Runner-Up (2011 - 2012)
OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion - 2013, 2014

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 3
OOH Madden 15 Champion (XB 1 League) - Season 1

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Well, given the injury Peters had there's no guarantee he'll even be fit for the start of the season.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that even though we're horrible on the offensive line at the moment, that's in part due to the fact that we've lost all five starters to injury. If Peters is likely to struggle to be fit I'd have no objections to us going LT in the first round but to be honest we have other needs. I'd like a big, tall, physical receiver if there's one that looks a great prospect, and a very good safety would be a big help.

To answer your question, Ravens, given the progression I've seen from Foles so far I'd go with him next season. I don't think a few games with a decimated o-line and our best receiver injured is enough of a body of work to adequately assess him, but I do think he's shown that he deserves a chance at being the guy. I don't follow college football but rumour is that the QB class this year really isn't very good so see no need to go QB early this year. If Foles stinks next year when we're healthy (I hope we're healthy anyway) then we can go early then.

We all know my Browns prediction didn't come true. So here's another one. Peyton Manning will be a Buffalo Bill. 20 Jan 2015

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

If I was to compare my relationship with my brother to anybody it would have to be the Mario Bros. He's the shorter more round one and also the leader of the two, I'm the taller one that likes to wear green a lot plus I'm the sidekick.

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
It would certainly interesting to see what the Eagles do; the tendency for new head coaches/ management is to try and get "their" QB and go from there.
The Eagles obviously have more issues than just QB though so a trade out might be better if QB or LT aren't the options. From what I have read none of the WR or S are worthy of a top 10 pick.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Really tough to see Peters having the same athleticism after tearing it and then re-tearing it. There's a lot of talent on the Philly OL in theory, with Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Watkins & Herremans. But Herremans is a better G than he his T, and Watkins hasn't really panned out yet.

They'll assess Peters and pick from there, I think Joeckel is the pick if they think Peters isn't going to be good/fit.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
Think I'm going to going to have to stay up for Sunday night and go into work with minimal sleep. Could be a great game. Tactic could be couple hours sleep before the game. Anyone got any advice on how that'll go ha?
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Set like 6 alarms mate, otherwise it's a dangerous game to play!
Adrian Peterson has the rest of this season, and 2 more before hitting the RB Wall known as "being 30 years old"

If he maintains his 123yds/G average he'll finish this year with 1969 yards. Taking his yds/season average to 1453.5.

So in his age 30 season AP will have amassed 11,628 rushing yards. He would be just under 7,000 shy of the rushing record.

LT had run for 11,760 yards before hitting 30 and was talked about threatening Smith's title. Given AP's super-humanness, do we think he'll be able to get close to Sanders (15,269), Payton (16,726or even Smith (18,355)???
Edited by Tobli93, Dec 14 2012, 08:54 PM.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

woodster17
Member Avatar

If I had to bet on it, his super human longevity for me would have my money on 3rd all time. Don't think he quite reaches Payton or Smith but might come close to Sanders.

corporeal

Tobli93
Dec 14 2012, 07:30 PM
Set like 6 alarms mate, otherwise it's a dangerous game to play!
Adrian Peterson has the rest of this season, and 2 more before hitting the RB Wall known as "being 30 years old"

If he maintains his 123yds/G average he'll finish this year with 1969 yards. Taking his yds/season average to 1453.5.

So in his age 30 season AP will have amassed 11,628 rushing yards. He would be just under 7,000 shy of the rushing record.

LT had run for 11,760 yards before hitting 30 and was talked about threatening Smith's title. Given AP's super-humanness, do we think he'll be able to get close to Sanders (15,269), Payton (16,726or even Smith (18,355)???
In a word no.

Firstly there's the assumption he keeps up his season/average (far from guaranteed), then beyond?

Even if he does he's behind LT at the same age, and LT finished up with mid-13,000s. He might go a bit beyond that because LT was a much better receiver than AP is so did more in the passing game.

Don't think he'll trouble the big 3.
Two-sport OOH fantasy champion Winner of a statistically significant number of OOH Fantasy Cups. OOH NBA fantasy champion

Tobli93
Member Avatar
LT's numbers plummeted when he hit 30, due to a mixture of injury and a move to the Jets. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that AP can hit 1,400 yards in 2013 & 14 (injuries allowing).

It's what he can do after that. People with a far better grasp of historical decline rates will be able to say what his output will be after 30, I guess he'd need to stay active in the league for another 6/7 years to get the 7K that would get him up to Smith, and that's highly unlikely. But at the same time, AP's a monster, who's to say he doesn't have another year like this in 2013 while being able to keep his touches down too?

I'd by no means back him now, or even at the start of the 2015 season, to break the record. I was just musing was all.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

PFGers73
Member Avatar

Gilly Ghosting in....
Dec 14 2012, 07:00 PM
Think I'm going to going to have to stay up for Sunday night and go into work with minimal sleep. Could be a great game. Tactic could be couple hours sleep before the game. Anyone got any advice on how that'll go ha?
I had work at 6am on Monday Morning. My plan was to do an all-nighter and watch the Packers-Lions game, before getting ready for work. I fell asleep at 4.15am during the 4th quarter and got half an hour of sleep. Do not do this. Ever. It's horrible.
Rangers - Chelsea - Chicago Bears - NY Rangers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Inaugural OOH NHL 2011-12 Fantasy League Champion
OOH Originals Fantasy League Runner-up - 2011, 2012
OOH Fantasy Cup Winner - 2011

OOH Xbox Madden 10 Franchise Champion - Seasons 1 and 2
OOH Xbox Madden 12 Franchise Champion - Season 4

AOPL League Champion - 2012
NFL Prediction League Champion - 2014

"And its come down to Drogba, who this time is the 5th penalty taker for Chelsea in the final shootout. HE'S DONE IT!!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They've beaten Bayern in their own backyard, they've found the holy grail! After an adventure fraught with danger! And Drogba! - May never play for Chelsea again...he will never be forgotten!"

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
Very tough to stay away from this Sunday night game. Can not wait to see the pats o versus the 49ers d
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Ive been having the same dilemma in my head since I found out hawks v niners is on next sunday night.....the only saving grace is that its a half day on the xmas eve in work so would finish up early...but then I ma also inclined toi go to bed, ignore the net etc and come home after work and watch it
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

I'm going to risk it. I'm in at 8:30 BUT it's the student I'm with isn't and it's very unlikely that there will be cover for me to do. Therefore I can go home and go to bed and still get paid.

If he is there I'm fucked.

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Packers to part ways with Finley

Would be interesting to see where he goes next (Vikings? lol). The guy has a lot of talent and potential but has never looked like fulfilling it. I think it will be a good move to get rid, when you trash talk about your franchise QB several times during the season then you should be gone.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
Digitalis
Dec 16 2012, 11:37 AM
Packers to part ways with Finley

Would be interesting to see where he goes next (Vikings? lol). The guy has a lot of talent and potential but has never looked like fulfilling it. I think it will be a good move to get rid, when you trash talk about your franchise QB several times during the season then you should be gone.
He was bad mouthing Rodgers? What did he say?

Maybe he should learn to catch before pointing at others.
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

Jimmy
Member Avatar

Do you think it's the emergence of Cobb that has made him expendable?

I'm not entirely sure, but they seem to play with a fullback -Kuhn - in a load of plays

Leaves 3 receivers most of the time, jones/nelson/Cobb/Jennings
Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

Jonny83
Member Avatar

He's been moaning all season long about the lack of chemistry between him and Rodgers. Also his agent memorably came out and said Rodgers isn't a leader, something clearly not true and led to Rodgers getting flak from the likes of Shannon Sharpe and others in the media.

As far as I know Rodgers has never said anything derogatory about Finley, behind the scenes and out of the public eye who knows?

I'm not sure Cobb's rapid rise has led to him being expendable. What has is that he is running poor and incorrect routes and when he does get the ball he seems to drop it far more often than not. Finley also can't block.
Edited by Jonny83, Dec 16 2012, 12:31 PM.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

PFGers73
Member Avatar

I'd take him for the Bears. Huge upgrade on Kellen Davis, that's for sure.
Rangers - Chelsea - Chicago Bears - NY Rangers

Inaugural OOH NHL 2011-12 Fantasy League Champion
OOH Originals Fantasy League Runner-up - 2011, 2012
OOH Fantasy Cup Winner - 2011

OOH Xbox Madden 10 Franchise Champion - Seasons 1 and 2
OOH Xbox Madden 12 Franchise Champion - Season 4

AOPL League Champion - 2012
NFL Prediction League Champion - 2014

"And its come down to Drogba, who this time is the 5th penalty taker for Chelsea in the final shootout. HE'S DONE IT!!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They've beaten Bayern in their own backyard, they've found the holy grail! After an adventure fraught with danger! And Drogba! - May never play for Chelsea again...he will never be forgotten!"

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
His numbers wouldn't totally back that up tho

His hands are awful that's for sure, if he runs bad routes then that's another mark against him when rodgers decides where to go with the ball

Finley seems to be a poster boy for the idea that it takes more than raw combine numbers to produce in the NFL. Compare his physique to welker's, should only be one of those two doing anything in the league
Posted Image

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
His comment earlier in season (or might have been end of last season) that he was the best TE in the league despite vast evidence to the contrary shows that thinks he's a hell of alot better than he is. I honestly see him out the league in a couple of years... at the very most he'll just be some no2 option somewhere
Posted Image

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Back in 2009 he had pretty decent hands, since his season ending injury in 2010 he has been suffering a case of the drops. Of course this could mean that the 2009 season was the outlier.

A lot of people do seem to think it's more of a mental/work ethic thing with him, if he's not the centre of attention he won't bust a gut. Physically I think he's quite gifted but it's like he doesn't use it, he's a soft 6 ft 5 in 247 lb.
Edited by Jonny83, Dec 16 2012, 02:51 PM.

Josh Sitton

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Kirk Cousins gets the start today against a sneakily good Browns D, with RG3 inactive.

Fucking pumped up for Pats-9ers, Brady's won his last 2 games vs the No. 1 D when the Pats have been the No. 1 O.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

SuperLego5
Good for RG3. So early on in his career there will be plenty more end of season run in's to be involved in but not if he only has one functioning knee.

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
Tobli93
Dec 16 2012, 03:48 PM
Kirk Cousins gets the start today against a sneakily good Browns D, with RG3 inactive.

Fucking pumped up for Pats-9ers, Brady's won his last 2 games vs the No. 1 D when the Pats have been the No. 1 O.
The 49ers aren't the #1 Defense. :towel:
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
KTS
Dec 16 2012, 05:34 PM
Tobli93
Dec 16 2012, 03:48 PM

The 49ers aren't the #1 Defense. :towel:
I think this was in terms of Pts/game rather than yards.

On pace (36.3pts a game) the Pats are going to fall 8 points short of the record they set in 2007 of 589 points.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
Not feeling confident about our game against the Jags at all - Bess is out so means Hartline is our ONLY first string WR out there, will need Moore, Mathews, Fasano, Bush and Clay to all step up big time, could see Reggie lining up in the slot a fair bit today which could be interesting.

Will be saved the pain of watching live as I'm out ice skating n boozing for a bit with work, sure I'll be nice and annoyed later on 'as live' though!!
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

SuperLego5
Elite my ass.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Joe Flacco might be having one of the worst contract years I've seen from a QB who's had so much talk about him "taking the next step".

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Defensive battle so far in the Bears-Packers game.
Edited by Jonny83, Dec 16 2012, 07:28 PM.

Josh Sitton

Jambo
Member Avatar

Andre Johnson playing like vintage Johnson so far. Colts simply cannot stop Houston doing whatever they want.
Houston really are a filthy team, constant late/dirty hits.
Edited by Jambo, Dec 16 2012, 07:35 PM.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
15 yard sack from Watt!?

Manning got landed on by Pernell McPhee after he beasted Manny Ramirez (not that one).

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Good to see you back Clay! :cheesehead:

Josh Sitton

Jambo
Member Avatar

The 15 yard sack was a good play by Watt, waltzed through the line and chased Luck down. The man is a beast.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Knowshon Moreno is running like he REALLY wants the starting job in Denver next season. Hitting the line hard, hurdled Ed Reed.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Jonny83
Member Avatar

Tobli93
Dec 16 2012, 07:43 PM
Knowshon Moreno is running like he REALLY wants the starting job in Denver next season. Hitting the line hard, hurdled Ed Reed.
Posted Image

Josh Sitton

SuperLego5
AP can suck my balls. Trying to ruin my FF hopes.

Jambo
Member Avatar

Mewelde Moore fumbles just as he was about to get in for a TD. Unbelievable.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar

"Say, the Saints are making a bunch of great defensive plays. Let's get our unreliable spies down there to check it out." -- Roger Goodell

lolz

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

SuperLego5
It wont count but what a throw and catch by Luck and Wayne.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Sometimes i dont understand the offsetting penalty rule... surely offside (by the texans) caused the hold by the Colts lineman
Posted Image

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
My man Emory Hunt from Football Gameplan - "Where football makes sense" - just called the Browns as the big team to watch next year. Agrees with my shout for the Browns to win it by 2015. I knew I wasn't mad.

By the way, if you haven't checked out any of his analysis, it is OUTSTANDING. His videos, made on a shoestring, knock the bigger networks into a cocked hat.

And no, Ford, I'm not thinking of fuel economy, strangely enough. And I won't be buying a 2013 F-150 either.

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

Jambo
Member Avatar

JJ Watt is beasting Linkenbach on every play, the man is absolutely useless. The Colts may need to start running every play out of the shotgun because the O- Line is giving Luck no protection at all.

SuperLego5
glynners_7
Dec 16 2012, 08:06 PM
Sometimes i dont understand the offsetting penalty rule... surely offside (by the texans) caused the hold by the Colts lineman
You'd think the play would stand as well, especially if the first illeagal play is caused by the defence.
The thing with the Bucs coach and LB is wierd. The coach doesn't look like he's shouting at the LB but he gets involved anyway and gets a swat for his troubles.
Edited by SuperLego5, Dec 16 2012, 08:12 PM.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
SuperLego5
Dec 16 2012, 08:10 PM
glynners_7
Dec 16 2012, 08:06 PM
You'd think the play would stand as well, especially if the first illeagal play is caused by the defence.
They don't account for it because it's a very subjective decision if the 1st pen caused the other. Is annoying, but understandable I think.

Refs OUGHT to whistle it dead and call "unabaited to the QB" tho.

Ravens D is barely keeping them in this, but they're so thin they'll definitely tire in the 2nd half.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Texans need to stop relying on Schuab and give the ball to foster... ff on the line here
Posted Image

SuperLego5
Not taking anything away from Hayward but every time he get's an interception the QB seems to throw it right to him, nothing to do with good play.

Jambo
Member Avatar

Bullshit ccall there, how can a receiver be defenceless when he hasn't been tackled? is he supposed to let him run in untouched?
Edited by Jambo, Dec 16 2012, 08:17 PM.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Oh Joe....

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
Ever wondered what 14.2 fantasy points for the Mediocre Hedgehogs looks like? Wonder no more... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000111669/Peterson-82-yard-TD-run?campaign=Twitter_videos_peterson

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

Jonny83
Member Avatar

SuperLego5
Dec 16 2012, 08:16 PM
Not taking anything away from Hayward but every time he get's an interception the QB seems to throw it right to him, nothing to do with good play.

It was a poor throw but you still have to make a play.
Edited by Jonny83, Dec 16 2012, 08:26 PM.

Josh Sitton

corporeal

I would've thought they could prevent the offsetting if it was a pre-snap penalty (i.e. like offside) and a post-snap penalty.

SuperLego5
If the Colts ruin Andrew Luck I will never forgive them.
A Schiano player cheating. Big surprise.
Edited by SuperLego5, Dec 16 2012, 08:27 PM.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Love TY Hilton
Posted Image

Tobli93
Member Avatar
SuperLego5
Dec 16 2012, 08:24 PM
If the Colts ruin Andrew Luck I will never forgive them.
A Schiano player cheating. Big surprise.
Looking more and more like Barrett Jones is gunna be at the top of their board! A beast with position flexibility. Need to look after the guy.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Jambo
Member Avatar

Waiting for the miraculous second half comeback....

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

[countdown=12/25/0:0]