nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Live thread: Week 14
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 04:23 PM (8,884 Views)
paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
Games of the week.....

TNF: :DEN: @ :OAK:

Surely I'll be the only one staying up to watch Peyton destoy the Failers.

Sunday highlights:

6pm: :BAL: @ :WAS:

Two teams in the thick of the playoff race, plus a rare local derby match. Look for RG3 to pull it out the bag and push Washington closer to a first postseason berth in 5 years.

9.25pm: :NO: @ :NYG:

Saints are in desperation mode, and the Giants are desperately needing to win to stave off RG3 and the Redskins. Should be a great game. Too close to call this one.

1.20am: :DET: @ :GB:

Will the Lions be able to keep it close?

MNF: :HOU: @ :NE:

Could be the Monday night highlight of the year. Could be key in deciding what city will host the AFC's route to New Orleans. Can't see past NE.
Quote:

They'll be one and done in the post season

Kiwi on the Broncos playoff chances, 9th December 2013
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
woodster17
Dec 11 2012, 07:29 PM
Tagliabue makes statement- confirms Goodell's findings, slams Saints, claims 'more than enough evidence to support that Mr. Vilma offered such a bounty on Brett Favre' yet vacates fines/suspensions because Saints organisation and coaches have 'contaminated the investigation'. Colour me utterly confused.
Quite frankly I don't even care about bountygate anymore. Whether or not Payton would have made a difference to the Saints defence their season is over. They wouldn't have missed Vilma anyway, he's pants.
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

woodster17
Member Avatar

Like it or not it's all about precedent now. Fans may be fed up with it but it's integral to how valid the commissioners decisions about players are viewed by the NFLPA/players. Particularly relevant considering Vilma's defamation lawsuit. The outcome seems to be 'receiving and acting upon morally objectionable orders' is not deemed worthy of significant punishment. Only those who give the orders (Saints organisation/coaches) will be the ones punished. Weird considering the coaches aren't the ones out on the field executing the orders.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
The defence might not have been better with SP but I'm pretty certain the offence wouldve been.. whether or not that would have been enough.. doubt it but just dont know.

Everyone knows this is Paytons team though & he's not scared of benching big players for sloppy play (see Nicks last season)... maybe the fear hasnt been there without him
Posted Image

woodster17
Member Avatar

That's the thing Glynners, not sure Payton would have stood for that crappy defense at times. Still averaging 437 yards a game against which is abominable. No offense in football could deal with digging themselves out from that hole.

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
Hope they smash Goodell in court.
Quote:

They'll be one and done in the post season

Kiwi on the Broncos playoff chances, 9th December 2013

SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
woodster17
Dec 11 2012, 09:10 PM
Like it or not it's all about precedent now. Fans may be fed up with it but it's integral to how valid the commissioners decisions about players are viewed by the NFLPA/players. Particularly relevant considering Vilma's defamation lawsuit. The outcome seems to be 'receiving and acting upon morally objectionable orders' is not deemed worthy of significant punishment. Only those who give the orders (Saints organisation/coaches) will be the ones punished. Weird considering the coaches aren't the ones out on the field executing the orders.
This is probably the biggest thing. Whether you side with the players or not, this sets a really bad precedent where players are going to fight tooth and nail with the NFL whether they are guilty or not because they know the NFL will give up eventually.
Also Tobli this will please you. Kuechly leads the NFL in tackles (useless stat I know but for a rookie its still impressive).
Edited by SuperLego5, Dec 11 2012, 11:14 PM.
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
John Skelton has a .4 QBR. QBR is a stat that does not have negative numbers. 0 is the lowest you can possibly get. John Skelton got 4 tenths more than that. Which in F1 terms is ok. In NFL terms however, it is not.
Edited by Tobli93, Dec 12 2012, 01:35 AM.
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

corporeal

woodster17
Tagliabue makes statement- confirms Goodell's findings, slams Saints, claims 'more than enough evidence to support that Mr. Vilma offered such a bounty on Brett Favre' yet vacates fines/suspensions because Saints organisation and coaches have 'contaminated the investigation'. Colour me utterly confused.
Quote:

how is Bountygate still a thing!?! Even Gary Bettman would be hard pushed to mess it up this much.

This is why. Goodell and Tagliabue don't really give a damn about whether bounties were levied or not, they care about the image of the league. This was the fastest way to end it.

It's the right PR decision.

The statement sounds like code for "we're pretty damn sure this happened but the Saints have got rid/hidden/etc the evidence."

But the bottom line is they just want it to away as fast as possible.
San Diego Chargers: Official OOH bandwagon Team
Kiwi is such an Eagles fan. (He believes in the Browns more than the Eagles)
Two-sport OOH fantasy champion Winner of a statistically significant number of OOH Fantasy Cups. OOH NBA fantasy champion

If P-Mac had predicted this Chargers draft I'd have thought he was trolling me

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
corporeal
Dec 12 2012, 02:36 AM
woodster17
Quote:

how is Bountygate still a thing!?! Even Gary Bettman would be hard pushed to mess it up this much.

This is why. Goodell and Tagliabue don't really give a damn about whether bounties were levied or not, they care about the image of the league. This was the fastest way to end it.

It's the right PR decision.

The statement sounds like code for "we're pretty damn sure this happened but the Saints have got rid/hidden/etc the evidence."

But the bottom line is they just want it to away as fast as possible.
I totaly agree with this.

the outcome is designed to put it to bed.
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
Texans versus 49ers as teams. Think the Texans offense is better overall than the 49ers, but 49ers D better than that of the Texans. But both are solid either side of the ball

Overall I think the Texans are a better overall outfit.

Think they have more about them on offense. The 49ers run it better but not marketedly better imo, regardless the way the league is you're going to have to be able to pass the ball. Even with Kaepernick, the 49ers are in the bottom third in terms of passing the ball. 3 games with no passing TDs for Kaepernick so far, I think he's very physically gifted but a bit of the way off to make a huge throwing impact in the playoffs.

as far as how both match up against the Pats, if you can pass the ball you have a chance - how teams run it is a much lesser factor. Don't think the 49ers passing game is as good as the Texans, so not as concerned about that. I can see Kaepernick throwing a couple of picks. The 49ers pass defense is very very strong, so that's where the big match up is
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I haven't seen a side this season who can slow them down.

It's the old adage of long sustained drives, keep the explosive Pats offence off the field.

I guess the 49ers can do that but they will need big games from their offensive line and Vernon Davis.

I watched the first half of the game MN before nodding off, and it seemed Houston got behind the 8ball so quickly it blew out the game plan.

Which early on was run run run. The way Foster started with a couple of 10 yard runs - albeit on called back - it looked on.

The problem seemed to be they shot themselves in the foot with penalties, and got a drive killing stinker of a call a couple of times. And not being able to cover and not getting off the field on 3rd downs.

The Pats can turn a game away from you so quickly its frightening, and if they go up by 10-14 points early then I can't see anything other than a comfortable win.
Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
jimmy1966
Dec 12 2012, 11:50 AM
I haven't seen a side this season who can slow them down.
Phins did a decent job of it, kept them to 23 points and Brady to just 238 yards, 7 of the points came off a 12 yard field that a botched punt gave them. It is possible if you get to Brady.
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
The Phins slowed NE down by taking away the run and making them 1 dimensional. Houston couldnt do that but I think SF can.
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
Are we all done crowning the Patriots?

I wouldn't bet against a team like Houston or Denver putting them out in the post-season. Both teams have play-makers on the defensive side of the ball and are capable of turnovers even against NE. Both offenses are capable of getting hot, Denver more than Houston but Houston are better at controlling the clock.

If all the AFC teams fail, then we can always rely on good old Eli to pull it out of the bag in the Superbowl (I would insert a picture of Manningham or Tyree but the pictures would take up too much space)!
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
I agree Ravens.

Too much praise, not enough :pats suck:

:P

Saying that, I can so see Ravens as being the kid below! Especially if they square off in the playoffs. Haha. Sorry mate ;)

Next year is our year, I can feel it...

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
That kid has been my idol ever since I first saw that video! I love that he has so much passion for hating Brady. :pats suck:
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I wasn't crowning them, just saying that I don't think the 49ers will beat them Sunday.

The Broncos I reckon would put up a much sterner test.

Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
Tobli93
Dec 12 2012, 01:30 AM
John Skelton has a .4 QBR. QBR is a stat that does not have negative numbers. 0 is the lowest you can possibly get. John Skelton got 4 tenths more than that. Which in F1 terms is ok. In NFL terms however, it is not.
Yeah...we get it...Skelton sucks :rofl:
:ARI: - LSU Tigers - Chicago Bulls - Staffordshire Surge :ARI:

2012 OOH Prediction League Champion - 2012
2 x OOH 'Others' League Runner-Up (2011 - 2012)
OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion - 2013, 2014

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 3
OOH Madden 15 Champion (XB 1 League) - Season 1

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
Like Jimmy says, the idea is to keep the pats offense off the field. But sometimes they dont need it that much to put up 20 points quickly

Vernon Davis has done next to nothing in the passing game this year for the 49ers and I believe has done less with kaepernick. I'd think he'd be a good option for them this week if they some how got him motoring, as we're weakest in coverage deep down the middle

Gore doesnt scare me nearly as much as Foster. Don't see a plodder causing too much havoc.

Don't think anyone is crowning the Patriots, but rather matchups which the NFL is all about. Big plus for the 49ers is their pass D, but a big negative is I don't see them being able to score quickly enough

If the Texans got healthy and back on form, they'd worry more than any other AFC team.

Dunno about Denver, we ran all over them earlier in the year and brady wasnt really asked to do much.

Pats have a very poor record against Miami in December and I believe were cognisant of this along with the chance to clinch the division so went very conservative. Rushing game was about 30 yards less than season average so didnt have a whole lot to do with it. I think we just went very conservative, we went on a very slow drive - what felt like ten mins. I think the one thing was an issue was Vollmer was hurt and Wake caused him a lot of problems. I think the line has been very solid this year, but if the pass rush gets to brady or any qb, thats the key to slowing them down
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
Gilly Ghosting in....
Dec 12 2012, 03:52 PM

Gore doesnt scare me nearly as much as Foster. Don't see a plodder causing too much havoc.
Rushing is Second in the league right now. 161.5 behind the Redskins. Even if the 49ers don't rush the ball a lot they can pass the ball to Moss, Crabtree, and Davis. Gore can catch in the backfield too. So the 49ers have him do the Screen plays that he was used to then he might be better. Besides I'd worry more about the Patriots being a juggernaut in the pass game then them running the ball. Also :pats suck:
Posted Image

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
You'd think that, but only Crabtree from those 3 has really done anything of note in the passing game

I know where you are in the league, but you run it a lot and in the match up against the pats I'd think you'd need to be able to pass it better than you run it (unless you do both at a very high level)

Posted Image

Oli2702
Member Avatar

"The Lions have a quarterback. The Cardinals have a secondary. The Lions do not have a secondary. The Cardinals do not have a quarterback. Both teams have superstar wide receivers. You need a quarterback to get the ball to one of them."

Great from Bleacherreport about the Lions V Cards game on sunday - couldnt have summed it up better in less words
OOH Others Winner 2015
OOH Others Runner-Up 2013 & 2014
OOH AAH Cantona winner 2013 & 2014 & 2015

« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

[countdown=12/25/0:0]