nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MVP announcement for season 2011; Results are in and counted
Topic Started: Jan 25 2012, 01:07 PM (4,208 Views)
Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
Well the votes are in, counted and verified.

But who won what?

Well without further adieu lets get to the announcements.

There were 22 votes in total, which was not bad but there were still a few regular posters who did not send me any votes so shame on them. They shall remain nameless (unless they start to complain about who won what, in which case Iíll point out they did not vote so stop moaning).

OOH 606 MVP

The winner is Aaron Rodgers Quarter back of the Greenbay Packers. It was a close vote (well closer than I expected but he polled exactly 50% of the total votes cast 2 more than his closest rival.

OOH 606 OPOY

This was an incredibly close vote, so close we have joint winners Rob Gronkowski Tight End of the New England Patriots and Drew Brees Quarter Back of the New Orleans Saints. Both received 8 votes each. Incredible but fair as both set NFL records during the season. I am not sure if these records will get broken in the near future.

OOH 606 DPOY

Another incredibly tight race but in the end by one vote Jason Pierre Paul is the one to emerge on top. Can he add a Superbowl ring to this coveted award.

OOH 606 ROY

This one was barely what you could call a contest with Cam Newton amassing 16 of the possible 22 votes. On his way to the award.

Well folks that it, Democracy in action.

Also congrats to Redordead and Woodster for being the only people to get the winner in each categarory correct (ok they did not get joint winners for OPOY but they got one right)

If anyone wants to see the full break down of votes I can certainly publish them.
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Jimmy
Member Avatar

No complaints from me mate, a good set of results.

Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

Jonny83
Member Avatar

I'll admit I was a bit surprised at the joint award for OPOY, but it was a good set of results imo.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
jimmy1966
Jan 25 2012, 01:22 PM
No complaints from me mate, a good set of results.

+1

Good work :up:

But, I still maintain my position. How is it possible to compare Cam Newton's performances this season to Aldon Smith's?! <_<
Next year is our year, I can feel it...

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
oli_by
Jan 25 2012, 03:26 PM
+1

But, I still maintain my position. How is it possible to compare Cam Newton's performances this season to Aldon Smith's?! <_<

the same as they do in the Heisman award ;)
It does not matter how much god given talent you have, if you fail to apply it properly, it is wasted.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
Riggins
Jan 25 2012, 03:28 PM
oli_by
Jan 25 2012, 03:26 PM
+1

the same as they do in the Heisman award ;)

So, badly?

We should do an O and D rookie next time around.
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

I might have forgotten to vote... But I would of opted for what we have there and Brees so no big problem. I think Gronk and Brees probably deserve to share the award anyway.

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
I always get a good laugh at the blind hatred of everyone who happens to be a QB on here.

Good choices IMHO.
Quote:

They'll be one and done in the post season

Kiwi on the Broncos playoff chances, 9th December 2013

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
paul-mac
Jan 25 2012, 04:19 PM
I always get a good laugh at the blind hatred of everyone who happens to be a QB on here.

Good choices IMHO.

Paul how is blind hatered of QB's shown here when three out of three awards open to them was won by them?

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
Riggins
Jan 25 2012, 05:23 PM
paul-mac

Good choices IMHO.

Paul how is blind hatered of QB's shown here when three out of three awards open to them was won by them?

Every time a QB does something good it was either a) his line or b) his receivers or c) his defense.

Here, people arguing that Aldon Smith had a better year than Cam. I voted for Von because I'm a homer. Aldon Smith was a 3rd down pass rusher that had a lot of sacks.. other than that he did nothing.

Cam's rookie QB records far and away beat Aldon's one rookie record of most sacks in a season.
Quote:

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

No one said he had a better year, Just how to compare them. Which was inferred by me as a case for DROTY and OROTY.

Also you should not pick homers for MVP awards unless you feel they deserve it!

Tobli93
Member Avatar
Both boxes ticked there for me Midget ;)

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

I can't really say anything as I forgot to vote :P

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

paul-mac
Jan 25 2012, 04:56 PM
Aldon Smith was a 3rd down pass rusher that had a lot of sacks.. other than that he did nothing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's almost Partridge logic... would sacks on 3rd down not be quite important?
Official OOH Laydeez connoisseur :)

Eli could catch his own passes.

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
It'd be interesting to see what the breakdown of everyones votes were.

No complaints with any awards, all well deserved. B )
:ARI: - LSU Tigers - Chicago Bulls - Staffordshire Surge :ARI:

2012 OOH Prediction League Champion - 2012
2 x OOH 'Others' League Runner-Up (2011 - 2012)
OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion - 2013, 2014

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 3
OOH Madden 15 Champion (XB 1 League) - Season 1

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
paul-mac
Jan 25 2012, 04:56 PM
Riggins
Jan 25 2012, 05:23 PM
paul-mac

Good choices IMHO.

Every time a QB does something good it was either a) his line or b) his receivers or c) his defense.

Here, people arguing that Aldon Smith had a better year than Cam. I voted for Von because I'm a homer. Aldon Smith was a 3rd down pass rusher that had a lot of sacks.. other than that he did nothing.

Cam's rookie QB records far and away beat Aldon's one rookie record of most sacks in a season.

Paul I never got a vote from you. So you might think you voted but I never received a PM with your choices

I have not delleted any messages i got concerning this either encase someone wanted to querry the outcome.

I did get one vote for Von Miller so unless your running multiple accounts i never got one from you for him

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
I voted Rodgers, Brees, Suggs and Miller. Categorical. Very first day of voting. Marked it "MVP vote." as requested.

Either it's a technical error or you are taking the piss. First one more likely.
Quote:

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
paul-mac
Jan 25 2012, 08:28 PM
I voted Rodgers, Brees, Suggs and Miller. Categorical. Very first day of voting. Marked it "MVP vote." as requested.

Either it's a technical error or you are taking the piss. First one more likely.

Paul I never got your vote.

i got three votes on the 9th one almost matches your choices but none from you

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
Hmm I sent one...
Quote:

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
Posted Image
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Bloody kids and their ADHD...
Posted Image

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Riggins
Jan 25 2012, 08:32 PM
paul-mac
Jan 25 2012, 08:28 PM

Paul I never got your vote.

i got three votes on the 9th one almost matches your choices but none from you

That was me although i went

Brees Brees, Suggs and Miller...id like to change it now though becuase i know P-mac almost voted the same as me. So now id like to go rodgers, gronk, allen and cam please :P

Do agree a bit on the rookie part, think we need offensive and defensive. and then maybe an overall if you wish?

Also i think Von Millers impact was much bigger than Aldon Smiths. Millers an every down player, He got huge pressure and plenty sacks too. However he was also playing the pass etc. Aldon Smith is a situational guy coming in on 3rd down with only one thing on his mind and thats rushing the passer. He done it very well however and id have him 2nd to miller in terms of DROTY, however overall Miller for me was the better player
Posted Image

woodster17
Member Avatar

Just to check I had a look at some tackle stats. Aldon Smith had 37 tackles on the year, about 2 per game, which while not great, wasn't far off pass rushers like Brooks Reed (45), Connor Barwin (47), Cameron Wake (42) and only 2 less than Lamarr Woodley (39), all who had less sacks than Smit. He did a little more than simply 3rd down rushing the passer, but Von Miller had 64 tackles 2 FF (although so did Smith) as well as 11.5 sacks to Smiths 14.

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

woodster17
Jan 26 2012, 02:01 PM
Just to check I had a look at some tackle stats. Aldon Smith had 37 tackles on the year, about 2 per game, which while not great, wasn't far off pass rushers like Brooks Reed (45), Connor Barwin (47), Cameron Wake (42) and only 2 less than Lamarr Woodley (39), all who had less sacks than Smit. He did a little more than simply 3rd down rushing the passer, but Von Miller had 64 tackles 2 FF (although so did Smith) as well as 11.5 sacks to Smiths 14.

Yea he had a great season, but as you alluded too had half the tackles of Miller. and only 2.5 sacks more. I think we also need to look at the teams and situations they where in. Denver has a good D, but was nowhere near as good as the niners D. That inside pressure probably pushed a lot of QB's outwide for Aldon, or forced runners to not go up the middle and try to bounce outside where he was waiting.

Miller played on a weaker defence than Aldon Smith, and IMHO had a better overall season
Posted Image

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
i decided to dig out this stat line; 63 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and one interception he took in for a TD. Not bad for a rookie who changed positions. Young Kerrigan turned put not bad.

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Riggins
Jan 26 2012, 02:24 PM
i decided to dig out this stat line; 63 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and one interception he took in for a TD. Not bad for a rookie who changed positions. Young Kerrigan turned put not bad.

Yea Kerrigan was also excellent this season, as was JJ Watt. Some excellent pick ups in last years 1st round
Posted Image

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
bhoy-wonder
Jan 26 2012, 03:08 PM
Yea Kerrigan was also excellent this season, as was JJ Watt. Some excellent pick ups in last years 1st round

Peterson, AJ Green, Jones as well. Tyron Smith had a decent year by most accounts.
The jags might just be regretting that Gabbert decision.
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
Ravens_Defense_DOW
Jan 26 2012, 03:11 PM
Peterson, AJ Green, Jones as well. Tyron Smith had a decent year by most accounts.

Ravens the decision to draft Gabbert ultimately cost DelRi his job.

Look at the decision and the ramifications in their entirity.

He trades up (with us) to take Gabbert - so allready he has cost them picks.

He then cuts Gerrard just before season starts making Gabberts inclusion a dead cert.

With no real leadership from QB position team bombs and out goes DelRio

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

Yea throw in Cam, Dalton, Ponder, locker Jimmy Smith, Nate Solder, Prince Akamaura, Fairley, Ingram, Phil Taylor, and some teams done really well in the 1st hitting on a need or talent, some will obviously need a little more time to show their true worth.

Hawks pick James Carpenter came into th shortened off season out of shape, struggled the first 3 weeks, got better each game and was looking a real good RT with excellent run blocking skills and he went down injured <_<

Time will tell with him, but overeall unlike lots of other seasons id say a large proportion of last seasons first round look like they could be impact players or make it as regular NFL stars
Posted Image

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
Riggins
Jan 26 2012, 04:19 PM
Ravens_Defense_DOW
Jan 26 2012, 03:11 PM

Ravens the decision to draft Gabbert ultimately cost DelRi his job.

Look at the decision and the ramifications in their entirity.

He trades up (with us) to take Gabbert - so allready he has cost them picks.

He then cuts Gerrard just before season starts making Gabberts inclusion a dead cert.

With no real leadership from QB position team bombs and out goes DelRio

In fairness to out probable new DC, it was Gene Smith who actually made the decision to trade up for Gabbert. Although JDR did decide to cut Garrard who apparently showed up to camp out of shape and behaved lazily.

Del Rio had very little influence in Jacksonville because the general manager and the general manager alone seems to be the shot caller of the Jaguars(Look at odd picks like Alualu, Gabbert, Cecil Shorts who nobody had ever heard of etc.)

Not sure why you included Ingram Bhoy, he was the least impressive of the 4 Saints RBs and cost them a late second last year and a late first this year... If anything that looks like one of the worst moves of last year's first round.

I'll add Dareus's name to the list of guys doing well. He wasn't the stud he was expected to be, but he played well up in Buffalo.
Quote:

glynners_7
Member Avatar
paul-mac
Jan 26 2012, 04:14 PM
Not sure why you included Ingram Bhoy, he was the least impressive of the 4 Saints RBs

I see this from alot of people that havent watched much of the Saints
Posted Image

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
glynners_7
Jan 26 2012, 05:22 PM
I see this from alot of people that havent watched much of the Saints

I picked that line up from a group of Saints fans.
Quote:

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I owned Ingram in 2 fantasy leagues this year. He was very unimpressive for the amount given up to get him. It was definitely an over-reaction to the RB-crisis you had at the end of 2010.

Throw in signing Sproles and it wasn't gunna be a mega-productive pick was it.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
You cant base the quality of a draft pick on FF numbers I'm sorry

Up until the changes on our o-line (Kreutz getting the boot & Nicks being given a massive kick up the arse) our running game was poor as a whole.

hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time of the draft we had Bush coming towards the end of a massive contract & the team probably knew that he wasnt coming back... PT (who'd been injured alot of the previous season) and Ivory who was due to miss the 1st part of the upcoming season (was on PUP until week 6 then got injured again in his first game). They had very little choice but to go agressivly for a RB
Posted Image

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
I still think Ingram could be a beast.

PT will move on. And Ingram will have learned from him as to be the "bruiser" with Sproles the play-maker.

As for last year's draft. I'm excited to see what this draft class can amass to, cos as rookies our two most disappointing picks were #1 pick (Locker) who sat for most of the year but hardly disappointing in relief effort and #2 pick (Ayers) who started slowly but got in to it more as the season progressed but not as playmaking as we'd hope.

I'm also a bit happy we didn't go "consensus" and get Gabbert :P and glad the division rivals are mugs :whistle: Also, I don't think it was on JDR who was responsible for his trade/drafting.
Next year is our year, I can feel it...

Tobli93
Member Avatar
For an RB you can Glyn. Yards & TD's, and Ingram was poo on both counts (3.9ypc) + you can get good backs in lower rounds (Murray), there's never a need to aggressively go for a RB except in the most extreme cases.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

OOH's Linemen Advocate

Writer at REAL SPORT

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Tobli93
Jan 26 2012, 04:47 PM
there's never a need to aggressively go for a RB except in the most extreme cases.

You mean likely having one (injured) RB on the books come training camp?

Also, when you've got options like the Saints do in the red zone dont expect many rushing TDs whoevers back there..

And as previously mentioned, the was playing really quite badly up until week 6 or 7
Posted Image

Ravens_Defense_DOW
Member Avatar
Kyle Boller's Dad
glynners_7
Jan 26 2012, 05:00 PM
Also, when you've got options like the Saints do in the red zone dont expect many rushing TDs whoevers back there..

So why give up a load of picks for Ingram if it doesn't matter who is back there in the Redzone. The last few years has shown there is so much value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and for a me a first round RB has to be a monster. Ingram isn't a monster.
:BAL:

"No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, itís 'Heís great.' I'll never understand it." - T-Sizzle

Official Colts Rebuild :bandwagon:

2014 make or break year for the Ravens offense. More like 2013 and there are going to be big changes!

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

I think ingrams gonna suprise a few folk next season
Posted Image

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ravens_Defense_DOW
Jan 26 2012, 05:08 PM
glynners_7

So why give up a load of picks for Ingram if it doesn't matter who is back there in the Redzone. The last few years has shown there is so much value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and for a me a first round RB has to be a monster. Ingram isn't a monster.

Our shortcomings on offence in 2010 came with not being able to move the chains to run the clock, not the need to get the ball into the end zone. Ingram was chosen to help with this. If anything I'm alot more disappointed that we took Jordan with our original 1st rounder than the fact we traded back in to get Ingram

Theres value to be found at every position in later rounds, it happens every year, if teams knew who these player where going to be beforehand they'd take them earlier.

the idea that no one takes a RB in the 1st only started flying around pre-draft last year but the previous two drafts had 3 RBs in the 1st & none of them are anything near monsters nor were they predicted as such before the draft
Posted Image

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I may be wrong, but from the Saints games I saw, Ingram was getting better as the season was going on, and possibly his YPC was being hurt by being the short yardage back.

He seemed to be the type of RB who would be great in Dec/Jan when it really mattered - in the same type of role that Starks did for GB in there Championship year.

I know they play in a dome, but he would of done a decent job on the road in SF i reckon.

Unless Whitner would tried to decapitate him too ;)
Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
glynners_7
Jan 26 2012, 07:52 PM
Ravens_Defense_DOW
glynners_7

Our shortcomings on offence in 2010 came with not being able to move the chains to run the clock, not the need to get the ball into the end zone. Ingram was chosen to help with this. If anything I'm alot more disappointed that we took Jordan with our original 1st rounder than the fact we traded back in to get Ingram

Theres value to be found at every position in later rounds, it happens every year, if teams knew who these player where going to be beforehand they'd take them earlier.

the idea that no one takes a RB in the 1st only started flying around pre-draft last year but the previous two drafts had 3 RBs in the 1st & none of them are anything near monsters nor were they predicted as such before the draft

Why not just take Ingram with the first and keep the 2012 pick?

Or better still take Jordan or someone else in the first, then wait until the late second and pull the trigger on DeMarco Murray or Stevan Ridley.
Quote:

Riggins
Member Avatar
Yoda
paul-mac
Jan 27 2012, 07:40 AM
glynners_7
Jan 26 2012, 07:52 PM
Ravens_Defense_DOW
glynners_7

Why not just take Ingram with the first and keep the 2012 pick?

Or better still take Jordan or someone else in the first, then wait until the late second and pull the trigger on DeMarco Murray or Stevan Ridley.

Paul why did the Bronco's trade back into the first round to take Tebow when they did?

Your question can be put to any organisation that has done it.

My best guess is that they knew they had a need for a top RB, Ingram filled the profile so they pulled the trigger to get the player they wanted.

Exact same answer as any other team would give you.

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

jimmy1966
Jan 27 2012, 12:14 AM
I may be wrong, but from the Saints games I saw, Ingram was getting better as the season was going on, and possibly his YPC was being hurt by being the short yardage back.

He seemed to be the type of RB who would be great in Dec/Jan when it really mattered - in the same type of role that Starks did for GB in there Championship year.

I know they play in a dome, but he would of done a decent job on the road in SF i reckon.

Unless Whitner would tried to decapitate him too ;)

Yes this was my take on things...as he was growing in to the role he was actually starting to get better. He was getting more touches, getting more TD's and generally more yardage...then he got injured. When you then look at the overall numbers, a poor start coupled with a better close ='s an avg season and avg numbers
Posted Image

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
II think the point is unless the running back is special then its not great value. I don't buy that ingram is going to be a top 5 back and the need for more depth at rb does not equal the value of what they gave up. Riggins the broncos moved for a qb, a player who if worked out would start for 12 years. The best of backs don't last half of that. That's the big difference

Felt brees was the most valuable player and most important consistently great player to a top winning team. Felt rodgers was a machine as an offensive player and was on for all year, just didnt see him as mvp in its literal meaning. However I felt he probably played qb better than anyone else.

Rook of year, not hard to say who had a better year aldon smith or cam newton.... Not really close.

I would doubt del rio wanted gabbert at all
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Features · Next Topic »
Add Reply

[countdown=12/25/0:0]