nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Ultimate Dynasty League; General chat
Topic Started: Aug 26 2011, 05:22 PM (28,201 Views)
Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Right lads~

I don't know if you're game and all fantasied out. But, I am very much game for one big ass last league. A true dynasty. Kind of like if you start a Madden franchise with a fantasy draft, you draft a whole team, and they are yours to do with as you please. No keeper limits or rules. Just have to adhere to the roster size.

Any players not kept on rosters, along with players in the FA pool, and incoming rookies, will enter a free agency draft. So, if you want a shot with anyone in this pool of players, you'd have to make sure you have the roster space.

As for the roster breakdown, it will be provisionally like this (max on roster in brackets):

QB 1 (3)
RB 2 (6)
WR 2 (6)
TE 1 (3)
Flex RB/WR/TE 2 (N/A)
DT 2 (5)
DE 2 (5)
LB 3 (6)
CB 2 (5)
S 2 (5)
K 1 (3)
P 1 (3)
Head Coach 1 (3)
Bench 18
IR Slots 4
Total: 22 starters, 40 squad

(yes, there is a punter and head coach!! :lol:)

Scoring is standard ESPN scoring, for offense. But, for the others:
IDP: 1 sack = 3 points, solo tackle = 0.7 points, assist tackle = 0.3, Defense TD = 6, Interception = 3, Forced Fumble = 2, Fumble Recovery = 2, Safety = 4.
Head Coach: Winning margin: 25+ = 10, 20 - 24 = 8, 15 - 19 = 6, 10 - 14 = 4, 5 - 9 = 2, 1 - 4 = 1. Losing margin: the same as before, just negative of the same margin.
Punter: Punts inside the 20 = 1.5, punts inside the 10 = 3, blocked punts = -4, punt averages: 44+ = 3, 42 - 43.9 = 2, 40 - 41.9 = 1, 38 - 39.9 = 0, 36 - 37.9 = -1, 34 - 35.9 = -2, 33.9 or less = -3.

Going to have it as a small league, with either 8 (or maybe 10) teams~ as the rosters will be big, but want competitive teams and a competitive league. Also, with that in mind, I'm thinking of a £5 annual buy-in (or maybe £10). With winner taking 80% and runner up 20%. Going to have two divisions, of either 4 or 5, with 4 players going to the playoffs. 2 division winners (#1 and #2 seeds) and 2 best runners up (#3 and #4 seeds). Going to have the regular season being played Weeks 1 and 14, with playoffs Week 15 and 16 (Week 17 being an unused week~ as don't want the Championship being decided by teams resting their players IRL). For the regular season, each team will play everyone home and on the road games, all home teams will receive an extra 4 points on their weekly score (this continues into the playoffs, so an incentive and reward for homefield advantage).

For player acquisitions during the season, we will use free agent auction. With two days of player acquisitions during each week, Thursday and Sunday, at 11 AM ET (4PM). Both in time for TNF games, and the Sunday/MNF games. Each franchise will be allotted $250 budget per season. Trades are like normal, and the deadline will be November 16th. Trades during offseason are completely above board too (both players and picks). Even if the league isn't activated, we can keep up to date through here. There is a league veto of 50%. The draft itself will be live, sometime next week, at a time that all franchises agree on. As we would need all franchises to be present and correct for it to work best. Currently scheduled for Wednesday 31st at 7PM (UK time). Will do a random order just before the draft kicks off.

----

So, who is game?! Sign up below B) And PM me your e-mail. First 8 (or 10 at a push!) get the spots~

Also, when you sign up~ say if you would be adverse to a £10 buy in~ as I am leaning more towards that.

Cheers,
Oli

P.S. It's ran with ESPN~ to keep in tow with the other leagues and make it easy to keep up to date with it B)
Edited by Oli By, Jul 26 2012, 01:36 AM.
Next year is our year, I can feel it...
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

SuperLego5
We don't do walking away!
I'd be game. Am I right in saying every player is kept every season unless dropped by the owner?
The OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion '10! - Not a fluke!

The OOH NFL Another Other Prediction League Postseason Champion '11!

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
I'd definitely be interested in joining. Love the sound of this, think I'd probably prefer £5 per season but if it's £10 then I'm fine by that as well.
:ARI: - LSU Tigers - Chicago Bulls - Staffordshire Surge :ARI:

2012 OOH Prediction League Champion - 2012
2 x OOH 'Others' League Runner-Up (2011 - 2012)
OOH NCAA Fantasy Football Champion - 2013, 2014

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 3
OOH Madden 15 Champion (XB 1 League) - Season 1

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I'll have a crack at it Oli :)
Posted Image

2009 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Runner Up
2011 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion
2012 OOH Originals Fantasy Football Champion

2009/10/11/12 OOH Originals Divisional Champion

2011 Ultimate Dynasty League Champion

SuperLego5
If Xorbi signs up would we be as well just giving him the money now?

Ally McCoist, 17/02/2012 - 'This is my club, the same as it is for thousands and thousands of Rangers supporters, and we don't do walking away.'

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
I'm in and will say my mate Luke (Fellow Tits fan who is a registered reader/stalker of the forum but yet to post) will be in too. £10 fine by me.
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
SuperLego5
Aug 26 2011, 05:52 PM
I'd be game. Am I right in saying every player is kept every season unless dropped by the owner?

Affirmative B) But, if you want any of the new rookies (or anyone else who may be in the draft pool) you'd have to drop a player or two or however many! Also, if say person A keeps 35 out of 40, B keeps 36 out of 40, and C keeps 37 out of 40. The "first round" of the draft would be Team A (with B and C having the round for keepers), then "second round" would be Team A and B drafting~ order determined on previous years' record (with C having the round for a keeper), and the "third round" everyone would be drafting~ again, based on previous seasons' record. Understand?! :blink:

So, we've got:

1. Me
2. M@
3. Powder
4. Tom
5. Lego (get me your e-mail)
6. Jimmy (e-mail me Jimmy)
7. JJ (e-mail me mate)
8. Luke (provisional)

Space for 1, maybe 2 more (for the 9th and 10th~ sign up and I will discuss with the initial 8 to see what they think! Also, if anyone doesn't pay up in time, you will be on first reserve).

Also, thinking money-wise. We'll start it at a fiver~ then, next year we can review see what people want. But, still keep the 80%/20% breakdown. Also, if you don't pay in time, you're out! B)

But, people send me you're e-mail address, I'll give you an invite, and I'll pass on my bank details to pay in the money

:rock:

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

Ah yeah, sounds good (I haven't even read all of the above...!)

Now I have, what does league veto of 50% mean? Is tat on trades if 50% of the league disagrees?

I'm liking the sound of this a lot... will PM you now :)
Official OOH Laydeez connoisseur :)

Eli could catch his own passes.

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
this sounds ridiculously awesome, but i don't play fantasy for money as it just increases my inevitable levels of misery :lol:

Also, if you're making it a real dynansty you should have an NCAA draft (5 rounds or so) for players in your "farm" system...
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

------------------------------------
OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Invite sent JJ~

And, yeah, the trade veto is there so if 50%+ veto the trade it's no go. That's how I read in to it. May move it higher. But, we'll discuss it when the league is complete B)

And, Tobli~ nice idea with the NCAA tie-in. But, that is a bit too extreme! :lol: Drafting 40 players is bad enough :whistle:

Edit: Thinking 10 players now, what do you all reckon?!

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
A 400-pick draft...yeah, I think 10 people is enough :lol:

_M@_
Member Avatar
I'd rather be in South Florida
As I said out loud aimed at your ear-I reckon 10 or even 12 teams better. Dynasty is all about storing that 3rd choice young TE that will one day come good...ie Oli you'd have Jared Cook & ATV all lined up for this year from a while ago!!
In Bess the Dolphins have found their Wes Welker...

NFL OOH 'Others' ESPN League Champion 2010 & 2011

OOH Prediction League Champion 2011/12 & 2015/16 seasons

OOH Fantasy Cup Champion 2012 season

OOH Bad QB League Champion 2012 season

BCAFL College Bowl Champion '02-'03 Stirling Clansmen

Tobli93
Member Avatar
I am the danger. I am the one who knocks
oli_by
Aug 26 2011, 06:59 PM
And, Tobli~ nice idea with the NCAA tie-in. But, that is a bit too extreme! :lol:

Posted Image
Do. Or Do Not. There Is No Try.

Oxford Saints DT/OT/TE
2011 Offensive Rookie of the Year
2013 Lineman of the Year
2013 MVP

Oxford Brookes Panthers Defensive Co-ordinator

OOH's Linemen Advocate

OOH Madden 11 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 3

OOH Madden 13 Champion (Xbox League) - Season 1 & 5

Founding member of Team Swatt99

Writer at REAL SPORT

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Cardinal Tom
Aug 26 2011, 08:09 PM
A 400-pick draft...yeah, I think 10 people is enough :lol:

Yeah, am limiting it to 10 teams now B) So, 2 more spaces (or 3 more if Luke doesn't join in!)

So, who's going to be drafting Locker then?! :blink:

And Tobli~ think you've got no ground calling people pussys (guess that's what that is?!) saying you don't play FF for cash!! :P

Lohengrin

oli_by
Aug 26 2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, am limiting it to 10 teams now B) So, 2 more spaces (or 3 more if Luke doesn't join in!)

So, who's going to be drafting Locker then?! :blink:

And Tobli~ think you've got no ground calling people pussys (guess that's what that is?!) saying you don't play FF for cash!! :P

If there still is a spot vacant, I'd love to join.
2012 Auction League Champion

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Lohengrin
Aug 26 2011, 09:45 PM
If there still is a spot vacant, I'd love to join.

Yeah~ just PM me your e-mail mate. Hope you're OK with buy in?! And the rules above?! Will tweak one or two when everyone's in! B)

One (maybe two) more spots left~

But, if others do want in. If the original 10 don't register (all e-mails sent out to join) in time, and or fail to pay in time, reserves spots could open up :)

Rough timetable for all who say they are game (and subsequently sent invites to)...

• ASAP - Fill remainder spots
  • By Sunday night - All teams registered
  • By Monday night - All payments received
  • By Tuesday night - First come, first served on potential reserve spots~ e-mail in PM, registration and payment ASAP
  • Wednesday 7pm - Draft*
* Draft will be delayed if previous steps lag a bit, or people can't do that day/time. Talking of which, can people start saying what would be good draft timing for them?!

Cheers,
Oli

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

This is going to take hours to draft... would anyone prefer the weekend?

I'm just throwing it out there, I don't want to be interrupted by the real world during this! I reckon I might get away with doing on a weekday, but I'm fairly taking the piss since it would start at 2pm here, the day after the originals draft :lol:

Jimmy
Member Avatar

Weekend would suit me, Ive got drafts Tue and Thurs that week
Posted Image

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
I don't mind when we draft, TBH.

You are right it will be a long'un JJ! :blink: Also, did think that it would be awkward with you being in East Coast. Thankfully am not Korean time now to make it more difficult~ :lol:

I do know M@ is working most weekends though, and we're aiming to go down to the Rugby on Sunday week (Sept 4th)~

For me, any time will really be fine. M@, not so sure. He will say exactly when is good for him. But, for me, what's best is making sure everyone is present, at least for some of it~

Edit: Jim~ can we have a separate sub-section please :) As we will need the space for different threads I think B)

Cardinal Tom
Member Avatar
Shanahanigans, bitch!
No preference on draft time from me...I'll be there whenever is chosen.

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
always been interested in this type of league, be interesting to see how it plays out

just looks alot of work and Im in 5 this year.. up from 3

great idea though :up:
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

I'd love to be in Oli if there is still room?

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Also if there is room I can't do sat or sunday night this week (I can never do sunday nights) any other night is usually ok!

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Invite sent mate B)

Room for one more~ before reserve list kicks in to effect.

Off to bed now, so if there's any more till I wake up, will sort it out in the morning~

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

sweet, also wednesday is perfect for draft.

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
f it

put me down for it :P
Posted Image

"This skinny, beanpole of a young man walked over to me and said, 'Hi, Mr. Kraft. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Tom Brady.' I said, 'I know who you are. You're our 6th round draft choice.' And I always remember, he looked me like a laser eye-to-eye, and he said, 'That's right, and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'" Robert Kraft on his first encounter with Tom Brady

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

I didn't get the invite Oli so I'm going to resend it, I may have misspelt the adress :)

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
I'm officially an idiot people! :lol:

:special:

I put the e-mail address in the "name" section and left the "e-mail" section empty~ so, e-mails to all re-sent. Well, technically sent for the first time :whistle:

SuperLego5
In terms of cash I think we should start on £5 and then talk about moving it to £10 next year. Just to make sure everything runs smoothly this year.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
darn missed this one. too late now i take it?
Posted Image

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
glynners_7
Aug 27 2011, 12:09 PM
darn missed this one. too late now i take it?

I'll put you down at first reserve mate~

In case anyone drops out/doesn't register in time/doesn't pay in time/doesn't keep up to date B)

Still waiting on Luke to get back to me (well, M@)~

If he doesn't get back by tomorrow night, I'll open the space for you dude.

For everyone who is in, I've started using the message board on the league to discuss stuff, so see it there and add your thoughts :)

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Gilly and Luke still to register B) Sent you out another e-mail in case you misplaced the last one.

Glyn~ if neither of these get in by 10 tonight, and you can, the space is yours! Space for one more reserve too, if both Gilly and Luke fail to meet deadline.

For people who are in, let's have some discussion about draft time. Still set for Wednesday at 7PM. But, waiting to hear on others~

Edit: Payment for 1st season will be a fiver. Will send out a league e-mail with bank details in due course (mainly when everyone is signed up). Hope online(/offline) money transfer is OK with everyone?! As PayPal is being crazy for me recently :angry:

Cheers,
Oli

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Thats fine Oli it takes a few days for Barclays to transfer to somone i've not done before.

Also a wednesday draft is really good for me, I'm not working and not going anywhere.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
oli_by
Aug 28 2011, 12:18 PM
Glyn~ if neither of these get in by 10 tonight, and you can, the space is yours! Space for one more reserve too, if both Gilly and Luke fail to meet deadline.

Cheers Oli let me know :)

I go away Tuesday nite / Wednesday morning till Sunday, will have to sneak off on Thursday for a fleaflicker draft so dunno if I can do it Wednesday too :lol:

No biggie though, i'll just have to take it like a man & set a board up :up:
Posted Image

Gilly Ghosting in....
Member Avatar
Sugar
cant make wednesday oli, you can give my spot to glynners. cheers anyway :up:
Posted Image

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Alright mate~

Nice one B)

So, glyn~ get me your e-mail.

Then I'll e-mail the bank details to pay up :) Don't worry, I'm not planning on leaving the country till after the Super Bowl~ so won't do a runner with your money!! :lol: :whistle:

Also, get discussing stuff on the groups' website!

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Oli Barclays are dicks and won't let me transfer money without some calculator pin checker (which I doon't have) So i'll have to go into HSBC and pay it in on tuesday if that's ok.

SuperLego5
Midgetmoose
Aug 29 2011, 12:45 AM
Oli Barclays are dicks and won't let me transfer money without some calculator pin checker (which I doon't have) So i'll have to go into HSBC and pay it in on tuesday if that's ok.

I'll probably have to do something similar.

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Also I've just realised I'm working on wednesday night... I am an Idiot. I will try and swap it with my sister but can't promise anything.

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Swapped!

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Yeah~ that's fine lads.

As and when B)

Also, looks like Wednesday is fairly nailed on as the draft. Unless any serious objections?!

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

It's fine I've swapped shifts now :)

That's probably kind of bad that I'll swap work shifts for a fantasy draft!

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

We need our own section for this league!!! This is the big time here!!!!!

Oli I'm working on payment for this... you'd be surprised how complicated it is, it involves a really long story about my mobile phone... won't bore you but I'll get it sorted asap

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
JJ~

Firstly, yeah~ I've requested Jimmy for the space. Think like you we need it B)

Secondly, yeah can imagine the payment being a bitch from that side of the Atlantic. If needs be, you can pay M@ and his PayPal (as mine is being retarded! :blink:) and he will pay me. Just let me know~

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

We got our own thread!! :D

I've made some progress towards payment, slow steps... it'll still take a few days I reckon so it will be after the draft but not long afterwards, I promise

I'll keep you informed

glynners_7
Member Avatar
Have set up a draft strategy...

move all FAs down to bottom of autopick list - check
make sure I pick max one kicker - check
make sure I pick max one punter - check
make sure I dont get defensive players before round 6 minimum - check
I'll stop there... dont want to give away my full strategy now :ph43r:

No doubt it'll still manage to either miss all sleeper picks or get them far too early while big name players are still on the board

Dynasty tho, I can always pull a Jets & mortagage the future away on my return
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Going to pay that money in today Oli.

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I'll sort that money out later, looking for my Pinreader thingy to get online, might be easier to send you a 5er through the post :lol:
Posted Image

SuperLego5
jimmy1966
Aug 31 2011, 02:40 PM
I'll sort that money out later, looking for my Pinreader thingy to get online, might be easier to send you a 5er through the post :lol:

My problem as well, think I left it at uni so ordered a new one.

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Yeah, all ways and means are fine B)

If you want to do that, I'll message my addy.

Sounds like good strategy there as well Glyn! :lol:

SuperLego5
Easily the most intense draft I've ever been involved in.

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

Actually a bit drained after that

Favourite quote of the draft came from Lego

"Christ Glynners has a DT on his team that has been retired for a year and a half."

Gotta love autodrafting :lol:

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

SuperLego5
Aug 31 2011, 07:05 PM
Easily the most intense draft I've ever been involved in.

Scary were all stuck with these for years.

SuperLego5
Midgetmoose
Aug 31 2011, 10:00 PM
Scary were all stuck with these for years.

Good thing Glynners already paid up, I think he might refuse to otherwise. Lol.

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Intense!

Good one lads~

Need a stiff drink after that :blink:

Jimmy
Member Avatar

Looking at my squad on ESPN and trying to work it out gives me a headache - so many players
Posted Image

Jimmy
Member Avatar

The punters and kickers average per game are higher than the stud defenders :o
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

Tackles at 0.7 really hurts conventional stud defenders (notice this looking at Beasons stats in our scoring). So De's and Olbs should come up better.

glynners_7
Member Avatar
SuperLego5
Aug 31 2011, 10:01 PM
Good thing Glynners already paid up, I think he might refuse to otherwise. Lol.

Oh crap... that doesn't sound good :lol:

Will have to try & check this out tomorrow at some point!
Posted Image

SuperLego5
glynners_7
Aug 31 2011, 10:23 PM

Your team's okay but your bench is pretty shite plus a lot of your defense is quite old.

Jimmy
Member Avatar

Whats happening with the schedule Oli? Is it a work in progress..

I have byes weeks 2/3/4/5 :lol:
Posted Image

Midgetmoose
Member Avatar

glynners_7
Aug 31 2011, 09:23 PM

lets just say both your DTs are FA's... :whistle:

SuperLego5
Jimmy I bet you feel dead smart with your name. <_<

SuperLego5
On second look Glynners actually has a really good team but they're old so you might struggle in a couple of years.

Jimmy
Member Avatar

SuperLego5
Aug 31 2011, 10:29 PM
Jimmy I bet you feel dead smart with your name.  <_<

Posted Image
Posted Image

SuperLego5
Posted Image

Jimmy
Member Avatar

Can't believe you snubbed Newton 19 times in the draft Lego :nono:
Posted Image

SuperLego5
jimmy1966
Aug 31 2011, 10:43 PM
Can't believe you snubbed Newton 19 times in the draft Lego :nono:

You're obviously a fan seeing as you have him in two different leagues Jimmy.

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I appreciate value when I see it..... the value of pissing you off :lol:
Posted Image

JJ_Irl
Member Avatar

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :towel: :towel: :towel:

SuperLego5
jimmy1966
Aug 31 2011, 10:47 PM
I appreciate value when I see it..... the value of pissing you off :lol:

Whateva'

Jimmy
Member Avatar

I'll trade you him for Matt Stafford Lego?
Posted Image

SuperLego5
jimmy1966
Aug 31 2011, 10:49 PM
I'll trade you him for Blaine Gabbert Lego?

Fixed.

SuperLego5
Oli you going to change the WR maximum to 10?

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Love it Jimmy re:pissing off Lego~

It's a great game to play in FF! :lol:

As for schedule...um...did not realise that! :blink: I will definitely look into it. It was rosy when it was 8 teams, everyone in the whole league played each other home and away. But, will figure something out tomorrow :)

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · OOH Ultimate Dynasty League · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

[countdown=12/25/0:0]