nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NFL League - Week 2; Power Rankings type thing...
Topic Started: Sep 24 2010, 12:34 PM (814 Views)
Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Alright lads...I was thinking the other day (dangerous prospect, I know! :whistle:) how the NFL would look like if it was one big EPL-type league, with no differences for conferences, let alone divisions. Then, instead of "records" you get points for winning, drawing (negating OT) and nothing for losses. So, I started to think in more depth about doing this said thing, and share my results to you lovely people at OOH B) In this second thinking stage, I thought it'd be better to use Rugby Union scoring over that of EPL/Soccer, as the games are more closely linked in scoring (unless your Chelski in registering Rugby scores with their games recently! :lol:). So, in case your unaware about Rugby Union (don't know if it's same in League...Whaler will have to vouch for me! :lol:), it's as follows:

• 4 Points for a win,
  • 2 Points for kissing your sister a draw (negating OT),
  • 0 Points for losing,
  • 1 Bonus Point for 4 or more tries/TDs,
  • 1 Bonus Point for losing by less than 7.

So the result is an "NFL League", which kinda looks like Power Rankings. As, undoubtedly the cream would rise to the top, however, it doesn't factor in opposition for victories (hence Tampa Bay #2!! <_<), but, still an interesting different approach to the notion of "Power Rankings". Also, with teams on the same match points are separated by points differential. Will update on a weekly basis, like other Power Rankings. So, without further ado, the "NFL League" Week 2...

Pos. - Team - Points - Diff
1 - Packers - 9 - 34
2 - Bucs - 8 - 16
3 - Bears - 8 - 12
4 - Chiefs - 8 - 9
5 - Dolphins - 8 - 9
6 - Saints - 8 - 8
7 - Falcons - 7 - 34
8 - Texans - 7 - 10
9 - Chargers - 6 - 18
10 - Broncos - 6 - 10
11 - Steelers - 6 - 8
12 - Redskins - 6 - 6
-----------------------
13 - Eagles - 6 - -4
14 - Titans - 5 - 17
15 - Colts - 5 - 14
16 - Jets - 5 - 13
17 - Seahawks - 5 - 8
18 - Patriots - 5 - 0
19 - Ravens - 5 - -4
20 - Giants - 5 - -11
21 - Bengals - 4 - -9
22 - Jaguars - 4 - -18
23 - Raiders - 4 - -23
24 - Cardinals - 4 - -30
25 - Lions - 3 - -8
26 - Browns - 2 - -5
27 - Rams - 2 - -6
28 - Vikings - 2 - -9
29 - Cowboys - 2 - -13
30 - 49ers - 1 - -28
31 - Bills - 1 - -32
32 - Panthers - 0 - -26

The 1st 12 are separated, by way of them being the "play-off teams". Interesting how there's 6 teams from each conference, and all bar the NFC West are being represented in the play-offs (proof that it's the weakest division?! :whistle:).

Hope you like it, and now feel free to dissect at your leisure! :P
Next year is our year, I can feel it...
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

whaler92
Member Avatar
Commish
It's a great way of doing it we're top of the tree :lol:
Posted Image
Nick Collins a Cheesehead forever

Vince Lombardi

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

The bucs are the new blackpool :lol:

In all seriousness...good idea...good to see myhawks top of the NFC WEST :D

With regards to it being the weekest division the NFC West has had a superbowl representative 3 of the last 5 years...Not sure how that equates to the weakest division. We may have had some of the poorer teams the last few seasons but the 3 outta 5 sort of negates that IMHO ;)

Posted Image

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
bhoy-wonder
Sep 24 2010, 01:21 PM
The bucs are the new blackpool :lol:

In all seriousness...good idea...good to see myhawks top of the NFC WEST :D

With regards to it being the weekest division the NFC West has had a superbowl representative 3 of the last 5 years...Not sure how that equates to the weakest division. We may have had some of the poorer teams the last few seasons but the 3 outta 5 sort of negates that IMHO ;)

2 out of 5.
Quote:

They'll be one and done in the post season

Kiwi on the Broncos playoff chances, 9th December 2013

bhoy-wonder
Member Avatar

paul-mock-a-dougall-doooooooooo
Sep 24 2010, 02:58 PM
bhoy-wonder
Sep 24 2010, 01:21 PM
The bucs are the new blackpool  :lol:

In all seriousness...good idea...good to see myhawks top of the NFC WEST  :D

With regards to it being the weekest division the NFC West has had a superbowl representative 3 of the last 5 years...Not sure how that equates to the weakest division. We may have had some of the poorer teams the last few seasons but the 3 outta 5 sort of negates that IMHO  ;)

2 out of 5.

my apologies...I had the cards there twice for some reason :blink:

Id suggest your league has been weaker over that period by the chargers getting to the playoffs
Posted Image

Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
***Thread Revival***

Hopefully going to do this "Power Rankings" / "NFL League" thingy week-in, week-out this season :rock:

So from tomorrow, with MNF in the books, should be able to do 1st two weeks B)
Next year is our year, I can feel it...

« Previous Topic · Features · Next Topic »
Add Reply

[countdown=12/25/0:0]