nfloutofhours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Fantasy Football Leagues Sign-Ups Have Begun *****Madden 17 League Registration Open For XB1*****
Welcome to NFL Out Of Hours. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The good, the bad, the do not over-react; 2016 - Week 1
Topic Started: Sep 13 2016, 12:53 AM (407 Views)
Oli By
Member Avatar
Bump and Run
Even though we're still in midst of MNF games. Don't think anyone cares too much about them, it's up to you now to give a summary of your team's week one performance using the following headings.

The Good

The Bad

The do not Overreact

Simples :)
Next year is our year, I can feel it...
Offline Offline Quote Post Goto Top

kiwinavega
Member Avatar
Mr. Mediocre
The good - Carson Wentz! Looked a stud, some beautiful throws, particularly the 35 yard rainbow to Nelson Agholor. Great adjustments at the line, his numbers would have been better but for some bad drops. A very composed debut. Also, brilliant play by our punting unit, pinning Cleveland inside the five twice and nearly a third time.

The bad - not really much bad to speak of. The front four could have generated more pressure on the Browns but that's being picky.

The do not over-react - it's only week one. It was Cleveland. It won't always go so easily for the rookie. Let's see how he looks against Chicago.
Oh, that would be NFL gold!

We all know my Browns prediction didn't come true. So here's another one. Peyton Manning will be a Buffalo Bill. 20 Jan 2015

606 OOH ORS

big daly's pimp

If I was to compare my relationship with my brother to anybody it would have to be the Mario Bros. He's the shorter more round one and also the leader of the two, I'm the taller one that likes to wear green a lot plus I'm the sidekick.

Jonny83
Member Avatar

The Good

A win against a decent on an up Jags team on the road and in very hot weather conditions. Didn't want us to start the season 0-2 (I think we lose against the Vikings) so it was vital we got the win and I am happy with it.

The Bad

The secondary made the key stops when they had to but there was some very soft coverage and miscommunication at times. The Jaguars seemed to have a number of 4th down completions that we should have done better with.

The do not overreact

We won but I don't think this offense is back yet. Rodgers is still having to scramble and make inhuman throws to get receivers open. Lacy had a few good runs but also some times the run game struggled. O-line played well with Taylor replacing Sitton but I want to see how it fares against a team with a much better pass rush first.
Edited by Jonny83, Sep 13 2016, 01:02 PM.
"Teams know exactly what we're going to do every week. We need to show them some different things."

Josh Sitton

KTS
Member Avatar
Squid kid
The Good: Just about some things that I saw were extremely good. A very good Offense. A very good Defense. And a blow out. Also only one penalty.

The Bad: It was against the Rams. Other than the Rams. The QB had a couple close interceptions but it didn't end that way.

The Don't overreact:It was the first game of the season.
Posted Image

redordead0
Member Avatar
Covert Kitchen salesman
The Good

Cam couldn't have done much more with the hand he was dealt. His chemistry with Kelvin apparently hasn't skipped a beat. And in spite of the beating he took we were within a timeout of a game winning drive.

The linebacking corps is still probably the best in football. Luke was everywhere. NB Luke is always everywhere. That is who Luke is.

The Bad

The O-line still has serious questions. Whatever officiating questions exist, you have to be at the quarterback to uppercut him with the crown of your helmet.

The DNO

It was a one point loss (nearly a 2 point win) on the road against probably the toughest (and dirtiest) defense in the league. The only thing it changes is that 16-0 is off the table earlier this year than last.
2012 Prediction League Regular Season Champ.

2013 Prediction League College Bowl Champ.

2014 OOH Originals Champ 2014 OOH Fantasy Cup Champ

#foxout

PFGers73
Member Avatar

The Good:
- We held a lead on the road against one of the better teams in the AFC for a large chunk of the game.
- Linebackers (Freeman and Trevathan) were always around the ball and should make this Defense so much better.
- Inexperienced secondary didn't do too badly against Hopkins and speedy rookie Fuller.
- Interior OL looks strong, only allowed 1 pressure between them.

The Bad:
- Bobby Massie. Looks every bit the liability that I expected him to be. Heavy-footed in pass protection and not good enough as a run blocker to compensate.
- Lack of pass rush. Osweiler had plenty of time on a lot of passes, particularly in the first half.

The do not overreact:
- Pernell McPhee will hopefully return in mid-season and will improve the Defense greatly.
- The only 2 teams on our remaining schedule who are better or on par with the Texans are the Packers and Vikings...unfortunately we play each twice.
Edited by PFGers73, Sep 14 2016, 12:40 AM.
Rangers - Chelsea - Chicago Bears - NY Rangers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Inaugural OOH NHL 2011-12 Fantasy League Champion
OOH Originals Fantasy League Runner-up - 2011, 2012
OOH Fantasy Cup Winner - 2011

OOH Xbox Madden 10 Franchise Champion - Seasons 1 and 2
OOH Xbox Madden 12 Franchise Champion - Season 4

AOPL League Champion - 2012
NFL Prediction League Champion - 2014

"And its come down to Drogba, who this time is the 5th penalty taker for Chelsea in the final shootout. HE'S DONE IT!!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They've beaten Bayern in their own backyard, they've found the holy grail! After an adventure fraught with danger! And Drogba! - May never play for Chelsea again...he will never be forgotten!"

paul-mac
Member Avatar
Danny - OOH's Mac Mayock
The good:

CJ Anderson looks to be in mid season form already and should be a pro bowl RB this year. We play Indianapolis this week, so he should run to Ireland and back on that front 7.

The bad:

Trevor Siemian with a couple of ugly picks. He's really lucky we got the win, to be honest. As soon as we lose a game the Broncos fans are going to start going crazy and BEGGING the coaches to play Lynch.

The do not overreact:

The much feared Broncos defense didn't show their superbowl winning form in week 1, but hopefully it was just an off day
Quote:

They'll be one and done in the post season

Kiwi on the Broncos playoff chances, 9th December 2013

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Features · Next Topic »
Add Reply

[countdown=12/25/0:0]